1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Guilt To Initiate Divorce

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by BhumiBabe, Oct 9, 2017.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

2. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  3. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Physical abuse is a bigger issue. Please see to it that once ur in-laws leave how is his behavior. Please be firm that u take no physical or emotional abuse from him. U r not less than anyone , u need to feel secure when u r with ur life partner. Hope he too understands this.

4. BhumiBabe

Thank you, I took your advice, and I am initiating divorce, now that I am no longer feeling guilty. It's the surrounding players, BIL and In-laws, my own parents, that made me feel guilty - now I feel like I will not be burdening anyone.

5. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

wow. a great update

6. eternalnomad

eternalnomad Silver IL'ite

All the best to you @BhumiBabe It seems like you're finally at peace with your decision and that's the main thing. No doubt it's going to be a challenging journey but I truly feel like you've given it your best shot. At the end of the day, there's only a so much one partner in the marriage can do, especially when the other party is stubborn and can't even acknowledge or accept the issue(s) involved. Stay strong and don't take anyone else's opinions to heart, I think your parents will understand you, especially your father

Sandycandy likes this.
  7. BhumiBabe

Thank you. I agree. It will be a difficult journey, but I feel like it is the right decision. I realized that I am a person who does not like conflict and tends to suffer in silence - if I don't take action now, I will have to be resigned with my decision to stay, and be a bad role model for my son. Of course, I will no longer have the picture perfect life (2 kids, a home, nice family vacations) and that really makes me scared, but I think, in the long run, I will appreciate that I swallowed the bitter pill.

Sandycandy and ChennaiExpress like this.
  8. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

You are a Lady, a Queen, a Sweetheart and a delicate Princess. You deserve the best. Keep persisting, and demanding till you get the best treatment, which you deserve.

You deserve all the happiness.

Your child deserves a loving home.

Your ex deserves a kick in the @$$ for all eternity. I'll never forget the post where you said he hit you while you were making his dinner, carrying his child.

To me that was point of no return.

BhumiBabe, NeetaR and Sandycandy like this.
  9. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

@BhumiBabe You are a strong woman. Wish you all the best.

BhumiBabe and Sandycandy like this.
  10. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Hi @BhumiBabe ,
    I have lived through the divorce journey of two of my closest friends. I promise you things will get better.

Don’t judge yourself harshly for coming to this decision. Take time to heal from a unhappy marriage. It can really take a toll on one’s mind and overall health.

Sending you lots of strength and peace of mind as you go through this process.

Please take care .