1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Growing Up......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Archanaanchan, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

As we grow older,we always realize that it was better not growing up isn't it?

Its also true that as we age ,the whole perception that we hold towards people, things, of happiness and everything else changes into thoughts. And these thoughts sprouts roots in 1000 different ways. Slowly as time passes, these thoughts rises to destroy our beliefs, ideas and our own boundaries.

The beautiful elements of life that we looked when younger as simple and positive tends to slowly change into negative and the good that we stored is us blurs out easily to be bad. Life gets more complex with no one solution to a problem, but there is whole lot of analysis to a simple thing in many new dimensions.

Growing up is like discovering roads that no more are easy to walk through and complex your own innocence.

iyerviji likes this.

2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

This kind of feeling is natural when you suddenly get an offer to run away with some handsome stranger.

3. Archanaanchan

ha ha... May be yes:)There are a lot many real life situations too ..

4. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Op. I Understand very little from the post , are you talking about corruption , bribary etc. As a child ,a child is taught to not steal, to be truthful etc but the same person sometimes changes in to a corrupt. But not all children.There are good human too.

Archanaanchan likes this.
  5. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Hope all is well with u. If u have any dilemma talk with ur close friend who doesn't judge u. I am sorry to be personal here.

6. Archanaanchan

I was talking about as we grow old how we deal with things dear. We imbibe a lot of negative thoughts. we think one straight thing in too many dimensions, get confused to land on a precise decision. As a kid we are more innocent and positive.

sindmani likes this.
  7. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Negative thoughts starts due to disappointments, loss, pain, etc. As any living creatures, it's part of everyone's life too. If there is a positive, then negative exists too.

One can't be happy forever or sad forever. One moment this, one moment that.

Too many dimensions, because there's always two sides (or more) to a story. There maybe too many people / angles involved and coming to a solution that works for everyone is not easy.

I think that's because
    1) we had less or nothing to lose
    2) we were still in the learning phase
    3) N our world was really small
    So that positivity and innocence was enough to get us by.

Choosing to be happy, positive and holding onto some level of innocence depends upon the individual. I have seen people who are genuinely happy, positive, innocent despite all the horrible stuff they have gone through in life. They say "I choose how I want to be and not let others or the circumstance change who I am". So it's upto you to choose who you want to be.

sindmani likes this.
  8. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

People suffer from having not enuf negative thoughts.
    Not knowing what to avoid comes from not having negative thoughts.
    When negative thoughts multiply they become positives.

Archanaanchan likes this.
  9. Archanaanchan

I agree @Nonya . The innocence we own as a kid never comes back as an adult ever.

10. Archanaanchan

well said @ashneys !! There are a set of people who would convert all the negatives to positive to stay happier not really bothering what damage it did:)