1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Growing plants indoor in Dubai

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by LakshmiNNair, Jan 3, 2012.

1. LakshmiNNair

LakshmiNNair New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I have some indoor plants at my flat. But among them only money plants grow at an average level. I do not understand how these plants grow in shops and there it looks very healthy and green. As soon as place the same in our home it starts turn yellow and pale. I do not understand when should we water it and at what interval? How to take care of these plants. I do not have any flowering plants. I appreciate your valuable advice......

2. geethaprashanth

geethaprashanth Silver IL'ite

Hi,

specially indoor plant needs tubelight (light ) to grow.

Better to on tubelights where you have kept your plants.

3. Anamtvm

Anamtvm Silver IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

I second the above comment. If you look closely in garden centres, for their indoor plant sections, they put spot light above these plants, which makes them to grow better. For indoor plants, you only need to water when the soil is dry, mostly, once a week. If watering is at a very close interval, it wll also make the leaves to turn yellow n die away. Also, make sure to place the pots either in east or north. Plants also should be fertilized properly, with plant vitamins n such which u can get easily from a garden centre.

I'm staying in Qatar, and have lots of indoor plants at home - anthurium, peace lily, cactus, mone plant, orchid, geranium n a few others, and are growing well..

Happy Gardening :)