1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Groom Need Dowry Or Wife???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Smileyshravs, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Smileyshravs

Smileyshravs Silver IL'ite

This is the true story of my friend.. I came across this story and want to share with you..

“Ravali.. A family is coming to see you now.. Get ready..” She got up from chair listening to Latha’s (her Mom) words..

She has done M.Sc in one of the best universities in the state and working as a lecturer in Private college..

As it was Sunday.. She was in her home.. and enjoying a Movie in the Television..

She got shocked by listening her mom’s words.. What.. Now????

She went to kitchen as her mother was busy in preparing some stuff to Groom’s family…

Ravali: What mom.. What’s the time now.. It is 2 O’clock in the noon.. Why didn’t you tell me before?

Latha: I too don’t know.. Your father informed me just now.. The Groom’s family has came to see one girl nearby our village.. They heard about you and communicated with your father.. So it was all of a sudden..

Ravali: How can they come like this mom? They should inform us before na..

Latha: Stop talking and get ready.. You may get late otherwise..

She went with helpless look…

Finally.. She got ready with beautiful Saree and matching accessories..

Her mom gave her Jasmine flowers to make her face bloom with it..

She pinned it and finally watch her face in the mirror..

She was feeling tensed.. so that.. She was just sitting like an idol and thinking about the guy..

After 30 minutes.. Groom’s family members reached their home..

She went and sat before the Groom.. and few are talking..

She got shocked by seeing the Groom.. He was tall and fat and looks like aged person.. She is thin and fair and the pair doesn’t match..

Finally.. The match was fixed without asking her anything.. and they were talking about the Dowry matters

As Groom is working as Software Engineer in Private Company.. The Groom’s family demanded 8 Lakh money, Gold bracelet and chain, and land as Dowry..

Girls family requested to reduce the dowry and they reduced it to 4.5 lakh and remaining were same..

Finally.. The girl’s family accepted the money and told them that.. They will give on marriage date..

Within Few days, the engagement was done with few members..

As it was 1month for the marriage.. The groom’s family started demanding the money to give and asked money in the case of Gold..

They demanded to give the money before the marriage or otherwise they told that.. "The marriage will be cancelled…"

Bride’s family got shocked by listening that..And requested to postpone the marriage or take the money on the date of marriage..

They rejected their request and asked them to give in a week..

At last.. Bride’s family started composing money and they got 3 lakh..

They have two days left… and the Groom’s family called and threatened the same thing..

They don’t have any option.. Relatives who promised to give the money were not picking up the calls…

As they don’t have the option.. Ravali started asking money her friends which was the worst option to her..

Her friends understood the problem and thought to help by giving some amount..

But they were thinking that.. Why this marriage should happen. They were demanding the money for marriage and threatening them.. what will happen if they demand the same money after the marriage..

But no one was ready to ask her like that..

With Courage.. One guy asked her mother and she started crying that it has happened like that.. and she said.. We can’t stop the marriage because, the engagement was done in the village and what the neighbours will think if the marriage was cancelled..

So the guy didn’t forced anything and kept quiet..

At last, they arranged the money and gave to groom’s family

The marriage is going to happen on Day after tomorrow

After knowing all these things.. I got shocked.. And felt that,”Are we living in the year 2017 or not?????”

I am wishing her life to be happy and no money issues should come in their lives..

2. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Only because bride's parents dance to the whims and fancies of their tunes, the groom's family has such guts to ask dowry. Dont they know it is illegal?

Anyway I wish and pray for the well being of the girl. I doubt if the groom's family will change. Atleast the girl should have guts to reject any new dowry requests.May God guide the girl.

3. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Sorry to say but the bride in this story and her family have brought this upon themselves..
    The girl is well educated and working..she knows what's right and wrong..she should have said no to this alliance for. The beginning..since the girl and parents agreed to give dowry all this drama happened.
    They will not change, such people don't.
    They will most probably pressure her to bring money and gifts from her parents home after her marriage as well..and if she is working after marriage her salary would most probably be snatched away from her as well, or maybe she would be asked to quite the job.
    She has spoilt her life..what's the use of education if a girl cannot use it to lead a good life and fight against social evils?

4. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

At least after all these drama the bride should have said "NO". but keeping in mind maybe the groom and bride were talking in phone and they liked (kind of love) each other , I can understand if she wants to marry him only . Giving this benefit if doubt, I would say she should atleast talk to her fiance about this and her worries. Hope he turns out to be a gentle man. But otherwise her in-laws does not seem correct people. God only should help.

5. zeppelingirl

zeppelingirl Silver IL'ite

I don't understand how the girl is getting married to this guy after all this drama. She should have said "No" to this marriage even if they have got engaged. This is 2017 and pretty sure this engagement will not affect her future since the mistake is not on her family side. I know a friend who got engaged and the proposal broke up due to demanding more dowry after engagement. Now she is married to a different person and living a happy life. Now its too late for her to do anything. I hope she will atleast marry a good guy. In-laws will not be a problem if the person she is gonna marry supports and love her. God Bless the girl.

6. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

NO. SHE SHOULD NOT MARRY HIM

Smileyshravs likes this.
  7. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

Why did the parents accept the proposal if their daughter has alot to offer? Did they feel inferior? or are they not proud of their daughter's achievements and capabilities as they should be?

Amica and Smileyshravs like this.
  8. zeppelingirl

zeppelingirl Silver IL'ite

hello dears, Can someone tell me how to post a new question in this website, since I'm a new member here?

9. Smileyshravs

Yes Dear.. Even though it is illegal.. Dowry has been giving and taking. No change in Dowry issues.. Lets Hope for the best to the girl..

10. Smileyshravs

As per my sense.. they just gone through Prestige issue..
    and We felt very bad because.. She is an independent girl, looks beautiful, well studied
    at last.. what's the use..