1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Grey Hair Problems & Solutions For Black Hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Pritirach, Mar 22, 2007.

1. deana

deana New IL'ite

Re: Grey Hair.

Henna is the best thing to do for your hair. Do not use chemicals in your hair as you will run risk of damaging your hair resulting in hair loss and further greying. I too suffer from a little greys but I have been using the henna to cover it. I use it twice per month mainly because I like the way it makes my hair feels. You can try putting the henna in your hair once per month to begin with, if after a while you feel like applying twice per month, then you can try that too. Nothing will reverse greying hair especially if we have been or is using chemicals in our hair. This increase greying early.

My grandmother at the age of 86 had about 3 grey hairs. She never used anything in her hair so basically she had virgin hair, and she wore this in a bun almost daily covered with a scarf. She washed only with cold water and herbs. My aunt too at the age of 72 had only a few grey hairs, she too never used any kind of chemicals or shampoos. I remember they both used coconut oil in their hair daily.

I do not have virgin hair thus I'd rather use natural hair color to cover my little greys!

Good luck!

2. Sona85

Sona85 New IL'ite

My friend got only one grey hair. He tries to plug it. But many people are saying that not to plug. Is there any possibilities to sperad if he plug?

3. DollDoll

DollDoll New IL'ite

Hi Sona85,

There is treatment for grey hair in Homeopathy.It might be successfull if you are under 40 years.
    Try It.............:)

Regds,
    Doll

4. Rachanasudharsh

Rachanasudharsh Senior IL'ite

Greying of hair mostly depends on your age and lifestyle. It is not necessary that if they start to come they come very fast.You can slow down the greying process if you are under 45, by avoiding Tamsi ( meaning HOT or which increases heat in body ) food items. Consuming lot of items that will cool your body like fennel, cardamom etc. Be calm, stress can also be one of the reasons for greying and most importantly stop thinking about your hair.

5. suekrishna

suekrishna New IL'ite

Include foods rich in Vitamin C like Amla( Nelli, gooseberry) etc. Also brahmi amla oils applied regularly improve new hair growth which are black, reducing the grey feel. Diet and improving circulation throuh exercise are main ways to control quick spurt of grey.

6. shy74

shy74 New IL'ite

re: Grey Hair Problems & Solutions

Hi Archana,

Thanks for sharing the information about indigo powder supplier. I have been looking for a reliable one for a loooooooooooooooooooong time :).

I bought a few packets of indigo powder from a herbal medicines stores -
    Annai Herbal stores on Choolaimedu High Road and from Spencer Plaza - they have stores in various places in Chennai. I also bought a few packets from herbal stores in Parry's Corner.

Two times the indigo powder did not work at all. I mean I applied henna and my hair turned a orange shade but after applying indigo powder and waiting for an hour nothing happened - my hair remained stubbornly orange and my family couldn't stop laughing at me:-(.

The third time I was wiser, I did not apply it to hair but tried a simple test by dipping a white plastic spoon in the indigo water mix. The spoon wasn't stained blue. It remained white!! there was no dye release at all.

Whereas every website on indigo clearly says that the indigo will release a blue dye with in a few minutes of mixing with water.

My guess the powders were not meant for hair dye??? Or were too old...I haven't found the answers yet!!

But I have not given up. I emailed the person you mentioned in your post and waiting for his reply.

shy

7. archu

archu New IL'ite

The last time I ordered was in august 2008 , myself and one of my friend ordered 1kg of it and took 500gm each. I still have enough of Indigo left, I apply it once in 10 days because that is when I apply my mehendi, I don't keep my mehendi for long, say for only 2hrs that is sufficient to get the orange colour. Once I wash of the mehendi I apply coconut oil and let it stay the entire day, next day before taking head bath i apply Indigo just 2 spoons are sufficient for my grey coverage, mix it with drinking water in a plastic container, apply , wait for one hour then apply regular shampoo and wash my hair. I have perfect grey coverage.

oflate I have stopped using commercial hairdyes, i have tried garnier, loreal excellence everything. but this suits me best. my advice is if you have roots grown and have no time for soaking mehendi and wait one more day for indigo then use your regular hair dye inbetween. anyway as this is an emergency only few times in a year. it is far better than applying it often and spoiling the hair. Long term use of mehendi delays further greying of hair.

and also I don't mix curd with mehendi as this prevents the mehendi colour to bond with the hair, so just mix one whole lemon juice with mehendi in a iron container.

8. mrsmanzoor

mrsmanzoor Senior IL'ite

hi
    thanks for sharing friend

9. Saila

Saila New IL'ite

Greying hair is a powerful psychological issue. It is sometimes linked to an iron deficiency. A huge number of us choose to color our hair because we do not feel or want to look the age our changing hair color suggests, or just because we feel like a change. If dyeing your hair, remember:

• Transculcent dyes (rinse) allow the natural shading of each strand of hair to show through rather than imposing a blanket of colour.
    • Temporary and semi-permanent colours offer the chance to experiment without being stuck for too long with the result.
    • If you do decide to colour your hair at home, make sure that you use a good,professional product and follow the instructions to the letter. Always wear gloves and apply a smear of vaseline to protect the skin around your hairline.
      You can also get more to prevent gray hair by visiting this link;
      SKIN CARE - Get Rid of Gray Hair, Prevent Gray Hair

10. Pars

Pars New IL'ite

wow..i am so glad i found this thread...how to hide my greys are becoming a big question mark for me. i have really bad greying and I have been having this from when I was about 24. I have been using henna for a long time, but as the greying increases the orange becomes very obvious. I have been searching for a solution..so all u friends who gave the details about indigo...THANX...now I have to see from where I can get it here in Cochin...if anybody can help me with that...thanks again all.....