1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Grey Hair On My Ds.is It Normal?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Ammu2886, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

I just noticed a grey hair on my son who is 21 months old a week back.I just let it go thinking it must be only one.But today as I kept checking he has more grey hair on his hair towards back of his head. I am very sad with this and want to know will this be normal?Did any of you mom's experience it?I am planning to consult the pediatrician.But before that any of you had this experience with it kids??
    Can I stop it by using by using any herbal oil.
    Regards Ammu

2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Never heard of it, Ammu. This could be a temporary issue due to some deficiency. Please consult your Paediatrician.

Ammu2886 likes this.
  3. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Yeah Geeta,Worried a lot on this.Wil meet.

4. Moochi

Moochi Bronze IL'ite

You should consult your paediatrician about this.

Also have look at the following points 1.how is his poop? Any oilyness or different odour? No. of times he poops. 2.urine colour.notice if it stains nappies or the potty. 3.how is his motor milestones 4.diet

Copper deficiency is one of the most common cause. Can be rectified through diet too.

Make a note of all these and consult. Don't worry... It's good you've picked it up early.

Ammu2886 and GeetaKashyap like this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

My mom used to tell that some kids and babies get grey hair. But mostly it’s temporary. Anyways better to consult a doctor

Ammu2886 and GeetaKashyap like this.
  6. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Yes it does happen to kids (< 18 yrs) when they have an underlying vitamin and/or mineral deficiency,it is temporary and can be easily rectified with proper diet and medication.My hubby had this issue as a preteen and his mom applied this hair pack over a period of time.I did not notice any grey hair when we got married.

Bringaraj hair pack
    Grind fresh Bringaraj leaves into a smooth paste,apply as a hair pack.Leave for at least 30 mins and wash with a mild shampoo.Repeat once or twice a week.This might be hard for you to implement considering your child's age.

I spotted a grey hair strand on my son's scalp.I made sure he ate right and also used the following hair oil which particularly works for premature hair greying.I did not find any grey hair on his scalp.Its best to include leafy veggies like spinach,amaranth leaves in his diet.You could also ask your pediatrician to check for any vitamin & mineral deficiency and do the needful changes in his diet.

Curry leaf hair oil
    Mix a handful of curry leaves with 3 tbsp of unrefined cold pressed pure coconut oil (preferably use coconut oil that has been made from coconut milk) preferably in an iron kadai or earthen pot.Cook on a slow flame till all the leaves turn crisp with no moisture.Make sure to keep the flame low during the entire cooking process.Remove and let cool,strain.Store in a glass jar.Apply to scalp and hair,massage,leave overnight and take head bath with a mild shampoo.Repeat 2 times a week.This works like a charm as curry leaves are rich in vitamin B.

If you have access to fresh or dried amla and cow's ghee you can try this remedy.

Yummy Amla for premature hair greying
    Soak a handful of dry or fresh de seeded amla pieces overnight in a glass of water. Strain and discard the water.Roast the pieces lightly in little cow’s ghee (use pure organic ghee made from organic milk/butter),make sure not to burn them.Eat a few pieces with rice or directly 2-3 times in a day.This not only helps in darkening the grey hair but also strengthens the body and improves memory.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    Vaikuntha and Ammu2886 like this.
  7. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Yes ...I have taken an appointment.
    Thanks for the taking time to reply.

Also have look at the following points
    1.how is his poop?
    Any oilyness or different odour? No. of times he poops

Looks Normal and he does twice.

2.urine colour. Happens to be yellowish Once or Twice Later Seems to be colourless.

3.how is his motor milestones
    He has achieved all the milestones on time..Except for talking..does not other than few common words.

4.diet - Very difficult to make him eat...Doesn't eat anything except malts..So these days tried adding veggies like carrots and beets to malts.

Copper deficiency is one of the most common cause. Can be rectified through diet too. - Ok I will check on this.[/QUOTE]

8. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

@shrav3
    Thank you @shrav3.
    Yeah sure I will check with the ped.

shravs3 likes this.
  9. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Hi veena,
    Thanks for the wonderful tips..
    Most of the tips which u have suggested has always worked for me .
    I will try these natural remedies for my lil one.
    Thanks a lot

10. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Yes ...I have taken an appointment.
    Thanks for the taking time to reply.

Also have look at the following points
    1.how is his poop?
    Any oilyness or different odour? No. of times he poops

Looks Normal and he does twice.

2.urine colour. Happens to be yellowish Once or Twice Later Seems to be colourless.

3.how is his motor milestones
    He has achieved all the milestones on time..Except for talking..does not other than few common words.

4.diet - Very difficult to make him eat...Doesn't eat anything except malts..So these days tried adding veggies like carrots and beets to malts.

Copper deficiency is one of the most common cause. Canbe rectified through diet too. - Ok I will check on this