1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Green tea question

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by jignasha27, Feb 1, 2012.

1. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    I started drinking green tea after reading its benefits for weight loss here. but few questions
    1) how many cups in a day.
    2) which one is better tea bags or leaves. ( am using lipton tea bags citrus flovour)
    3) can i prepare tea once in morning and store it in fridge and later on can jst microwave it.
    4)which brand is good in USA and also which flavour.

Thanks,
    Jignasha.

2. ali

ali Bronze IL'ite

1.drinking four or more cups per day gives good result when using it for weight loss.
    2.i use tetley company tea as well as lipton company tea.
    green tea has fewer flavors than black tea, you need not drink it hot .
    3.while preparing tea you should not boil the tea. So once you prepare the tea you should have it either hot or can put it in refrigerator and have it after getting cool.you should not microwave it

3. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ali,

Thanks for Information. you said not to boil tae. so without boiling how can we prepare tea. sorry sounding dumb here. but usually i boil water in a cup for 1 min in microwave. then dip tea bag for 2 minutes and thats it. Is this the correct way?????

4. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

5. ali

ali Bronze IL'ite

yes what you are doing is the correct procedure.what i wanted to say is once you prepared the tea should not put it on fire or microwave because it loses the taste.If the water temperature is too hot, the tea may become bitter. Preferred temperature for green tea is usually usually between 165 and 170 degrees F, which is roughly the temperature you’ll get if you let boiling water sit for a few minutes

6. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Hi Jignasha,

Just boil one cup of water dipcthe tea bag and enjoy.You you are making and refrigerating it?I am also using Lipton green tea bag, its good.Have 2-3 cups a day.