1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

green color stool - remedies please

Discussion in 'Infants' started by vivbass, Apr 20, 2007.

1. sowmyaganesh

sowmyaganesh Senior IL'ite

Hi Moms

My daughter 9 months old has been passing increased number of stools for the past 1 week. It was normal not watery. we have given stool for culture, results have not yet come. She has developed cold & caugh now She is also getting cranky and irritable. She vomits the formula and is not eating anything.

Initially we thought she was teething, but we are not sure. We give her medicines for cold & caugh. For the inreased number of stools, we are still waiting for the cutlure results.

Can anybody please tell me what to feed her as she is refusing to eat anything other formula, which she vomits.

Thanks in advance.

Sowmya

2. nilasisu

nilasisu Bronze IL'ite

hi sowmya,
    mine is a bit late reply,
    generally if kids having cough and cold..they will refuse to eat because of throat pain,even adults dont feel to eat during cold or cough or having both.

give semi solid food,which should be easy to swallow then they will eat atleast a little amount.
    stools:kids will pass frequent stools during cold.sometimes it will be green in color becos of medicines.this is from my own experience.my LO is 6 months.last week we experienced the same problem.
    nila

3. sowmyaganesh

sowmyaganesh Senior IL'ite

Nila, thank you very much.