1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Greatest!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Jun 6, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

They all stopped whatever they were doing till then and looked at the Chief who was found lying down. Everyone just realized what he did and but for his quick act, none of them would have been spared. And he came there uninvited, sensing that they all were in big trouble.

He has always been kind to them, but never expressed it in an open fashion. Now that he seemed to be affected, after stepping in and warding off a deathly hazard, they didn't know what to do or how to repay his kindness, though they all knew that it was impossible. And he was resting on the lap of his wife, who had been quick to do something which can only be compared to an act of a mother, done just in time to save her kid. She was a bit worried, looking at her husband. One of his assistants too, was standing nearby, and seemed to be very confident that nothing will happen to his boss.

The people who stood there had tears in their eyes and one of them suddenly realized that, none of them would ever know how old the lying person was. He still had that magnificent smile, and with the affection and understanding of a father, faced them while the hazard tried to take its course. As they all watched in dismay, the colour of his neck changed quick and then took a deep hue of a magnificent blue.

The greatest of all, looked even more beautiful.

p.s.1 - We bow to you, Lord Siva, a.k.a Neelakanta.
    p.s.2 - 'They' refer to the Devas and Asuras and the event described, happened in the process of getting the elixir of life - Amudham when Lord Siva drank the Halahala.
    p.s.3 - Hope I did not cross the limit.

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Oopsss!! I could nt even had a slightest guess RGS!!

Great RGS.

3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Great one rgs!! I did not realize it until almost the end.... i guessed it only from this line
    " the colour of his neck changed quick and then took a deep hue of a magnificent blue"

Fantastic rgs!!

Akila

4. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot for your first feedback and appreciation, Pallavi. -rgs

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for your appreciation and pointing out the line in blue colour Akila. Just after a long gap, I posted one in this category. Thanks a lot for your motivation and support. -rgs

6. simrose

simrose Bronze IL'ite

Fine piece of writing. Very well written. :)

7. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot for your appreciation SimRose. Happy to receive a first from you. -rgs

8. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

Even I did not guess it till the last line. Enjoyed it a lot Rgs!! A little different from the ones I read recently..

9. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot for the appreciation Mathangi. I tried a few more in this line earlier and put them in the "Godly" category. If you have time to kill, I request you to read them. Thanks. -rgs

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear RGS,

A very good narration and keeping the suspense till the end. Well, the father has the compassion to do a selfless act and the mother had the power to prevent it moving down further. Interestingly, the Vishudha (throat) Chakra, one of the seven major Chakras in our body is associated with sky blue color.

Viswa