1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gratitude

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jskls, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lakshmi,

I have casually mentioned the above in a pragmatic way that we need to prepare ourselves to receive the grace of the Lord without realizing that would trigger a lot of responses. We do learn from our mistakes and others mistakes as well. I have learned mine through this response of mine. Overall objective of my response was to say that we receive favorable help from human beings all the time and when we are grateful for that, it triggers purity in us. I fully understand no one can be pure all the time and that is why I used two names to indicate the dominant qualities in us. May be I used a bad example.

I thought I stayed within the subject of gratitude in my response and I promise you that I will continue to stay in the subject in my future responses as well. I have made a strong decision today to let it go and not cross respond even if I am referred to in anyone's response after this.

Viswa

jskls likes this.
  2. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa sir, Cheeniya sir, Jayasala mam

I do enjoy all your feedbacks and try to grasp the essence Conveyed in your messages. I am kind of busy and so taking my time to respond individually but I will eventually. Please feel free to add your valuable input.

Thank you.

3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anisu Thanks for taking time in reading this and sharing your thoughts. Glad to hear about your math teacher and I share your view in learning from IL too.

4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shri Viswa,
    I just expressed what I felt .I am really sorry if my response has hurt you in any way.It is just my contention that we can learn from good as well as ,not so good people also as conveyed in Shrimat Bhagavatham.
    jayasala 42

5. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa Sir
    Thanks for anice feedback and sharing your views.
    This is something I learnt from your fb. Good to know.

Thats a wonderful point of view too.

Thanks again

6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Lakshmi good one about Gratitude and as you said people who come across in our life makes a great change in us.I should thank my father who has shown me whom i am and pointed out my potential.He motivated me and guided me to choose a right path.i want to mention about one more person who by her words motivated me to face challenges and she is my V std.class teacher.In our school there was only one section for English medium from sixth std and they selected students from class fifth.I conveyed my willingness to join English medium and my teacher asked me with a sarcastic smile "YOU ARE GOING TO JOIN".i replied to her yes and continued my studies.Her sarcasm gave me an energy to face challenges in my life.Thanks a lot to her .we cross many people in our life who think they are the best in the world and intrude in other's life.i learn a good lesson not to do such silly acts.

Lakshmi you have written about Gratitude at an apt period as many forget the word Gratitude.

GoogleGlass and jskls like this.
  7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Shreema. Good to know about your friend who had a huge impact on your life without her knowledge. I am sure that her thoughts will always bring you happiness. Thanks for sharing

8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Oops I missed the order ;) Great Attitude huh .... :p . You have no clue ...Thanks GG

True GG not only that its in short supply but when expressed its not believed either.

periamma and GoogleGlass like this.
  9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Dear @jayasala42 mam
    Thanks for time in reading as well as responding to this snippet in detail.
    This is so true. Only few remember the deeds and few acknowledge that they caused positive impact in ones life.
    So true. We not only learn from good but also learn from its negative counterpart.
    yes showing gratitude or expressing heartfelt thanks to the one who deserves is equally important

I enjoyed your discussions in other posts in this thread as well. Thanks again for sharing your views.

10. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Yes. Agree. Thanks for taking time to read and respond