1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gratitude

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jskls, Jul 11, 2017.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Many people come into our lives and stay for a short while but create a large impact. When relationships end for whatever reason in changing times, reflecting on the person's presence in our lives brings out their values and reasons for such happenings. Some leave a lasting impression in our lives that we realize it very late or sometimes as soon as they leave. Sometimes their entry and exit are silent but still their presence is quiet loud.

They enrich us, bring out our hidden talents, guide us in the dark, empower us, teach us to smile, show us how to enjoy life and have fun. They make us to explore new things be in reading/writing/traveling to new places or learning something new. They have more confidence in us than our own selves. Their smile would reassure us. Neither do they give up on us nor do they let us give up on our own self. They help us push ourselves beyond our limits. The faith they have in us help us raise and stand tall.

Was their sole purpose in our lives to guide us, to teach us, to strengthen us, to rebuild us, to polish us, to break our confinement? They teach us how to laugh. They help us to look at bright side of everything. When they leave, they leave with a lasting impression and confidence that help us manage ourselves. .

Gratitude overflows with their impact in our lives. Sometimes we wonder how our lives were before they came and how our lives changed in their presence. Their presence makes us wonder how fortunate we are to have them in our lives and the difference it made. How nice the world would be when it's filled with such wonderful people? They leave us with their guidance, Whenever we relish the wonderful moments spent in their presence we can't help but smile. A single thought about them brings in a sense of thankfulness and appreciation for their acts naturally fills our heart. Sometimes can't help but wonder why was their presence so short in our lives.

A heartfelt thanks to some who came, stayed and made a difference in our lives with their act of kindness

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good one.

We think of such friends long after their presence in our life has lessened. Sometimes I think missing them is in a way good.. makes one think about them, and resolve to stick to the good habit or way of thinking that person made you adopt.

jskls likes this.
  3. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

Good to remember those who pushed us into next level of our life on Guru Purnima day.

My 10th grade math teacher sent me to math group seeing me in +1 class school assembly when I signed up for nurse vocational group. She said that you will do higher studies and reach much higher level in life, nursing is not for me. Those days, women in engineering was not common. Her blessing came true in my life. Till to the I remember her, what a difference she made in my life.

I got admission to do my masters program and became pregnant at the same time. I cried like there was no tomorrow, feeling that I will not be able to do my masters. Our family friend (& my Gyne), consoled me saying that it is the best time of our life, there is no need to cry, and having a baby will only delay 'completing' the masters. I continued my classes till end of pregnancy, took 3-months off after delivery, and finished my masters.

Her words gave me that confidence and strength, to continue with my masters. If I didn't express my thoughts to consult with her, my DH would have made me quit masters program. Because, that's what my parents would have advised us, right? I wouldn't have courage to go to school daily with the protruding stomach.

These people are the living angles, passing the messages from the "Bigg boss".

Who are these people, why do they come at the cross roads of our life, at the right moment to change the direction in life? Don't know the answer.

'Pay it forward' is the best thing we can do to show our gratitude.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  4. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Yes OP,

Within a short tenure some people make aa good impact in our lives.

I would like to remeber my maths teacher Ms.Bhargavi. Until my 6th std, i used to hate maths as a subject. But when she started teaching maths to us, it made such a good impact that i started loving the subject and could score good marks in all coming years. Even today it is my favourite subject.

In a way i should also thank IL . Even IL has a major impact on me. I get to know such different perspectives . Atleast now, i dont jump to conclusions over a issue or judge people for their actions.

jskls likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Lakshmi,

"Deivam Manusa Roopinae" is the saying in Sanskrit meaning, "God is present in the human form". When we see a person creating a great impression in our minds, our consciousness connect with their consciousness. The interpretation of the word "Namaste" came from salutation one consciousness does to the other. Gratitude is overwhelming when the mind is subservient to the intellect which works closely with consciousness and the demonic qualities are overwhelming when the mind overrules our intellect.

We have Duryodhna and Arjuna in each one of us and when our Arjuna is dominant, we prepare ourselves to receive the teachings of Gita and begin to follow the path of Dharma and express our gratitude.

Viswa

teenulahari and jskls like this.
  6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra
    As Duryodhana is about to die, he looks at Krishna malevolently. “I have been a good king,” he says. “I have conducted myself as a Kshatriya should and have come by death in battle. I’ll die and attain heaven, but you will live in grief and sorrow.” He fell back and flowers rained from the heavens to drop gently on his pain-wracked body. The Pandavas, wincing with shame, turned away. —From The Mahabharata by Meera Uberoi, Penguin, 2005.

teenulahari and jskls like this.
  7. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Ls u have got a gr(e)at at(t)itude and that turned out to a nice snippet of gratitude.

These days it is a short supplied attitude.

periamma and jskls like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Frankly, I no longer understand what are heaven and hell and I am not sure whether I need to care about one or the other. I saw a video last week where a devotee said, "My journey is from Loving God to Loving My God" and I am trying to figure out what she means by that.

How can he be considered as a good king merely by fighting a battle as a warrior and facing death if he had already a) through Adharma won the game of dice to conquer the Kingdom rightfully belonging to Pandava, b) publicly humiliated a woman (wife of the cousins) in the Court Room, c) through devious means try to destroy their 14 years observation of forest life and so on. People celebrated when Yudishtra became a king according to Mahabharatha as well. May be regretting his actions looking at Krishna washed all his sins. Who Knows for sure?

If everyone goes to a nicer place after death, there is no need for Avatars to come in to establish Dharma.

Viswa

jskls likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra
    Dear brother
    I only repeated what I had read. Your statement is too profound for me to answer. It was foolish of me to have provoked you
    Sri

jskls likes this.
  10. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

@jskls nice post. When I was in middle school, I went through a very bleak period , I only realize this now, but I was extremely depressed ,lonely , sad and lost due to a lot of issues which had piled up over years . I had one close friend in school who would also call me up after school and we used to talk everyday on phone atleast for an hour regarding school, girly gossip , our common interest in books etc..I was not allowed to make phone calls, only she did . But without fail she would call me everyday . That one small gesture I feel saved me from being very lonely . My friend dint ever realize , but she had a hugeee impact on my life..