1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Granite cleaning liquid

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by soumyasen, Jun 12, 2009.

1. soumyasen

soumyasen New IL'ite

Hello everyone,

The counter tops in my kitchen are with granite. Today when i went to walmart i have seen diff. cleaners. I was confused and came back thinking that you all would help me.

What do you use to clean granite counter tops. Please mention their names and from where you bought them.

How do you clean the tile backsplash in your kitchen?

For how many days do you usually clean them?

sorry, for more number of questions. I am a new home owner . Hence the queries...

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I just saw Barkeepers Friend granite cleeaner at Price Chopper. There are some others also available but don't ask...I don't have granite hence no memory. I bought the Barkeepers Friend ceramic stove cleaner....its really good so this should be good also.

If you don't clean backsplashes every day or so you end up iwth the oil getting hard to remove and then to harsher chemicals. I find microfiber cloths and a natural (green) cleaner to work well and then you don't need to worry about chemicals getting in your food.

3. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

An efficient and economical way is to just stick the self-adhesive Vinyl sheet on the backsplash just behind the stove. This way all spills / drips from boiling curries, frying etc. can be easily wiped off the sheets. After a month, just change the sheet 'cos it is not at all expensive. For just a little over $2, you get a whole roll . And they come in excellent designs . I'm using one which resembles small , rectangular glass tiles in apple green ---- looks amazing !

4. soumyasen

soumyasen New IL'ite

Thank you for your nice tip grace.