1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Grand Mum's recipes and remedies for kids

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by akila, May 20, 2005.

1. Anamika29

Anamika29 New IL'ite

If your child is in cold weather, or is falling sick too often, or has a cold... and you want to boost his imune system... give him tea with ginger, lemon zest and sugar or honey. This has lots of c vitamine and can be taken by babies.

2. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Re: To stop diarrhoea

i agree 100% that arrow root powder is the only one which works immediately than any sort of allopathic medicine. Try this.

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  3. LakshmiAnand

LakshmiAnand Senior IL'ite

all purpose kashayam

Hari om to all ILites
    i have been advised by my mil to give my daughter a kashayam which is a cure'all for kids:
    hing saabut, elaichi, loung, lehsun, tulasi leaves, neem leaves(tender), javitri and dry ginger.

grind these to a fine paste. add around 100 ml water to this paste. boil till it halves.
    let it cool.

give this to the baby after adding gur.

i have been regularly giving this.. it works wonders.. it cleanses the system and increases the appetite.

3 people like this.
  4. ramyavijay

ramyavijay New IL'ite

sometimes babies may have indigestion problem and their toilet may have a bad smell and it maybe loose also.. for such problems:

1.) 1 spoon of poppy seeds [khus-khs] grind it to a fine paste, filter it and mix it with curd & give them. The curd shouldn't be sour. This can be given to babies 8 months & above.

if the baby is 5 months old then four pinch of poppy seeds.

5. ramyavijay

ramyavijay New IL'ite

sometimes babies may have indigestion problem and their toilet may have a bad smell and it maybe loose also.. for such problems:

1.) 1 spoon of poppy seeds [khus-khus] grind it to a fine paste, filter it and mix it with curd & give them. The curd shouldn't be sour. This can be given to babies 8 months & above.

if the baby is 5 months old then four pinch of poppy seeds.

6. Mehala

Mehala New IL'ite

This is good way....thanks

7. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies
    My kids are 19mnths now. I always find them falling sick with cold and cough and sometimes with loose motion pproblem. I think they were premature born .. Twins..
    Ne ways pl suggest an alternative for poppy seeds since they r banned in the UAE.....what else can be given to increase their immunity in bw my doc suggested himalaya septallin... It did help but yet again it's kind of medicine I want some homemade remedy.

8. padmajaarun

padmajaarun New IL'ite

its very useful thread

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    For your twins, give any home made food. To increase immunity, chundaikai, pavakkai, vazhaipoo are good. But they are just babies now and won't like these. So give all veggies, greens specially, ghee (a little), curd etc.

10. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

Thank u for sharing a wonderful tip and i will try for my grandkid if he develops any such problem