Government Jobs In India- Option For Early 30's

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by star90, May 1, 2018.

1. star90

star90 Senior IL'ite

Hello ladies.

I am writing this for a cousin who is in his early 30's. He has a Job in the Gulf but hes scared of the risk of termination at any time. Gulf market is not stable so a govt job will give security. Which are the tests he can write at this age range to get a govt job?
    Can he work for a few years in India , take a long leave and return to gulf ? He's asking this because he feels govt job is more secured though the pay is less.

We are from Kerala. Even I am thinking of giving tests and I am in my late 20's.
    What Options are available for me?

2. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

35 is the last age in some of the jobs. After 30 the options are very few. For you 28 is the last age in most jobs. If you are less than that you can try.

3. star90

star90 Senior IL'ite

I am less than 28, when are the exams usually conducted? Is there any age relaxation for OBC caste? When are th exams usually conducted? Which are the exams conducted?

4. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

You can check all that online. Search for govt jobs. Yes OBC relaxation is there and it will be mentioned in the form details.

5. star90

star90 Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the reply..
    I did google .. many options came up. In which site can I find the full list?
    Usually which part of the year do they conduct the exams?
    Asking because I have no idea at all regarding these things. My cousin is 33yrs old.
    Is there any gender reservation for females?

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i think the earlier long leave of 5 yrs, if that is what you are referring to, is void now in government jobs at least as far as i heard.you may want to check that in your cousin’s case.

https://www.indgovtjobs.in/
    if you are in india employment news magazine is the best bet. (yes they are still printed)
    there are blogs dedicated for government job listings. like sarkari naukri..
    you can also look at staff selection, bank selection, railway recruitment agencies to name a few..
    join linked in and there are loads of updates on requirement there
    all the best

Gauri03 likes this.