1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gossip is always colorful - only when it is not about you!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by navs23, Mar 3, 2011.

1. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

The same mind that hushes up our personal life and problems, works on full active mode the moment we hear about somebody's life. While one might lack the time and intelligence for something useful, it is easy to come up with stories and add more color and personality to a gossip :bonk

"Other person's personal life is always a public show, my personal life though is always a private issue"

Especially with the advent of technology and social networking sites all around, wherever one turns, there are questions, questions about your personal life, career, private life, decisions, principles, thoughts, actions, questions, questions, questions everywhere!!!!

It does not just stop with the questions, people also go beyond that and pass on their weird funny guesses, interpretations and exaggerations.

I remember one lady in the neighborhood, who used to bad mouth about every girl in the area. She was the first to start the gossip whenever some girl was visited by a boy, just came home late some day or was talking on the phone for 2 hours. It so happened that one fine day her own daughter who was barely in higher secondary decided to elope and came back married to some guy. Now the entire neighborhood talked about it and the lady was upset that nobody was compassionate and understanding. They might have been a little empathetic had the mother been understanding too. I am not trying to be sadistic here, but, this lady learnt the lesson the hard way and stopped poking her long nose after that.

My freedom ends where your nose begins. I am not trying to preach here and I am no perfect, but, life has its ups and downs, and planes might change and the one gossiping might become the subject some day. So, I wish all the 'Nosey Parker's, stop and think for a minute, if it would feel comfortable being discussed by others when you're in a "position" that you're not comfortable discussing about. How would it feel to be in that person's shoes? How would it feel to be discussed about by some z who is a total stranger to you, just because z is a friend of y, who is a friend of x who is a friend of you(that's how gossip works).

It's like Nero playing the fiddle when entire Rome was burning. It is funny how the sight of other people's fires are so attractive, while there are a lot to be put out inside their own house.

Gossip is interesting and all colorful, only when it is not about you :bonk

2. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

I'm very much attracted towards your title :)...Yeah people feel like eating halwa while gossiping about others!!

Thought provoking!! :thumbsup

3. Keerti16

Keerti16 Silver IL'ite

I loved this topic.The social networking sites have made private life almost impossible and when one does not disclose information people just demand on "wall" of facebook, putting many people in awkward situations.Good article!

4. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Malar! Appreciate your feedback. Exactly said, 'talking about others is always like eating halwa,so sweet and enjoyable' :bonk

5. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for the feedback Keerthi. Ofcourse, it was a personal experience on a social networking site that made me write this :hide: What is funny is that people are ready to show case their personal life on the public network and expect us to do the same :bonk. Heard this somewhere, "the last time I heard, it was only called facebook not an open book"

6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

VEry thought-provoking blog nav! Very true!

7. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for dropping by my blog kkrish. Thank you for the wonderful feedback. :)

8. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.............. GOSSIP this six letter word will make people life worst. Still it continues irrespecitve of the age in all the fields not only at home even in Office tooooooooooooo.

Nicely narrated

9. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Sreemanavaneeth. So true, nothing stops some one from gossiping about others no matter home or work :bonk