1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Good Things Happen When You Meet Strangers

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SGBV, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:This can not be taken as an omnibus statement.
    Around 2 pm in warm weather the STREET in residential area was barren and quiet and two persons on bike arrived - stood in front of her house looking at a paper as if they were verifying some address.
    2. Looking at the lady standing in balcony they enquired about some one. The lady bit hard of hearing came down and collected the paper to read the contents.
    3. The bike engine idling.
    4. The man as pillion snatched her dangling gold thirmangalyam with 8 sovereign gold chain of high value and the duo zoomed out and vanished in no time.
    5. So one has to be doubly cautious and do not be taken in by out of character kindness especially in southern India.
    6. A seated lady in a moving jampacked bus offered to hold the baby from another lady standing nearby . The lady handed the baby to her. After a while the seated lady offered the seat to the other telling that she would alight at the halt that is approaching.
    She took seat and her baby on lap . The other lady moved out and vanished tbrough exit.
    That was the moment the seated lady noted the golden bangle and anklet vanished from baby's hand and legs.
    Good things happen with strangers sometime !
    THANKS and regards.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Sunshine04 likes this.
  2. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Experiences may vary, but you found right one.. happy for you..

Mistt likes this.
  3. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

I would say you were lucky to find a good friend on the net. I would say there are more good guys in this world than bad ones. But then one rotten fish is enough. Nevertheless, caution is the right word.

sindmani likes this.
  4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Mama said d..n't talk to stranger
    Stranger is danger.

That is a great piece of advice. Always be wary with strangers. Not only great thi gs but bad things too happen with strangers. May be we should follow mama;s advice and not talk to them . Instead ncom municate with them nin sign language! That could bve the loophole in mama's advice!

5. Kavithavisarad

Kavithavisarad New IL'ite

6. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Glad to hear it. :)

All our friends were strangers once upon a time. It's good to give people a chance. :thumbsup:

7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Thanks for hitting the option LIKE. WITH STRANGERS one can not rather should not open up in one go which might turn dangerous or catastrophic. One has to proceed with utmost caution especially in developing countries including India.
    I have experienced the good of strangers turning into guardian angels which I had narrated in my blogs of over one year old.
    Thanks and regards .

8. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Hi guys

Thank you so much for your responses.

I beg for apology if my post has created confusion now, as we all believe and accept the fact that we should pay utmost caution when interacting with strangers.
    But at the same time, we all have found friends, best friends and even life partners from these strangers only.

For me, it is a matter of commonsense and instinct. Basically your experience will be able to guide you on this.

I trust my instinct, and that's what I would teach my kids as they grow.
    Your instinct will tell you, what and how to proceed when meeting strangers.

I basically don't exercise utmost caution with each and every stranger I meet.
    As I mentioned above, this guy and many other guys and girls and even elderly people have become my close buddies within few instances of meetings. They were complete strangers before.

I even remember one example where I helped an elderly woman at a hospital where I visited for my periodic medical examination for insurance.
    This lady was alone, and she too was there for her periodic examinations, but her age made her vulnerable to faint in the waiting counter. We have had just started talking to each other for a few mins only, and she fainted.
    I helped her to revive, took her to the canteen to eat something, and drove her to her home after the examination were over.
    During our 40 mins travel time in the traffic, she and I got to know about each other, and she & her husband treated me like a special guest at their place.
    Since then, this aunt has become my friend and almost a relative too. I've visited her place a couple of times with my family, and we continue our relationship beautifully. Us being strangers did not stop us interacting or helping or being friends.

Long back, I've written about my emotional connect with a little girl named Maryam here. That post even nominated for FP back then.
    That was also a magic. A one yr old girl, all of a sudden came to me, and refused to go back to her mom.
    I only waved her from my office, when I was about to wind up for the day.
    As she cried, I had to take her to my home, and her curious parents followed me till my home to take her back.
    It was just an incident, that connected both myself and that girl as well as our families together.
    They were complete strangers till that moment. But today, after 13 years, I consider Maryam as my first born and her parents as my own bro's family.

In fact, I am blessed because I don't often exercise caution when I meet strangers