Good Schools in Chrompet

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by meenaviswanathan, Jan 7, 2008.

1. sujathaprakash

sujathaprakash New IL'ite

Info need about Good schools at chromepet!

Hi everybody,
    Wish u all a very happy new year 2010:)

Im new to this forum staying near chromepet. hv planned to join my daughter in LKG. I need info of good schools at chromepet. I got app form from sundaravalli, vivekananda. Interested more in vivekananda.

Can anyone tel me about VIVEKANANDA,
    education method, discipline, fees, timings, extra curricular activities, transport facilities.
    Any help will be so grateful, bcos i could not find these info at the school site.

And what about NSN?

Thanks,
    sujatha

2. sabari

sabari Gold IL'ite

Hi Varshu, they have entrance exam for 3rd grade in math, english and language. for my daughter i started to teach her tamil from kindergarten. you can strightaway go to school and talk to the educational officer. parents can go to the office from monday to friday between 11:00am and 12:00pm. fees include all the extra curriculam activities. so no extra fees. don't worry about the school. i was in the same boat last year. we love this school and my daughter is happy with this school. let me know if you have more questions. i will be happy to help you.

3. samsanker

samsanker New IL'ite

hai let me know if the this is not already over. i am presently at chrompet and studying in madras institute of technology
    sam

4. samsanker

samsanker New IL'ite

vivekandanda is the best

5. vidyuth

vidyuth New IL'ite

Hello all!

My daughter is two years old and i live near Camp road Junction. I was planning to put my daughter ( Pre. K.g) in Smt. Sundaravalli school. Some of ur children are studying there can u just throw some light over few things.

1. How is the teacher student ratio there?
    2. They told us tht for kinder garden school is at perungulathur. Is tht so?
    3. Is the school bus is compulsory? If yes will tht be crowded?
    4. Do the teachers handle the children kindly?
    5. Do the food they provide is healthy?

Sorry to trouble you all with too many questions but i am bit confused :confused2: abt putting her in school as there is too much confusions happening in our house for the past three months.

Your response would be of great help.

Thanks,
    Vidyuth

6. redapple

redapple Senior IL'ite

I just looked into the Sundravalli school website and it says admissions are over for M1. My daughter will be 3 years by september, will there be any admission during vijayadasami?

Does she fall under Pre-kg or LKG? I never thought admission will be closed so sooner...

Please share info regarding this...

Thanks

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

vidyuth,

did you put your kid in smt.

redapple,

the process of admissions to kg/pre-kg have started around november end in most of the schools. by this i mean the applications. some schools have finished the admission process.

if your daughter completes 3 in september she is eligible to be in pre-kg and not kg. as your daughter should have complete 3.6 in june according to some schools.

she can be in kg only next year.

8. anu_babu

anu_babu New IL'ite

Hi All,

As i told earlier in my thread..my vote is always for SSM...
    yes from prekg to 2nd std it is moved to perungalatur from this june 2010.
    yes from this 2010 academic all have to take school bus only..
    cautiion deposit is 10000 & admission fee is 1000 & for every quarter 9000...& they collect for 4 quarters...

teacher student ratio is 15 ppl in each class...but the teacher will have to look all JM1, JM2 & JM3 together with a akka...they have the culture calling teachers as aunty & person who is helping is called akka...

school timing is form 8.50 to 2.30 from june...
    they handle the kids well in bus no issues in tht..

U have to go to school in direct then only it will be possible to know when u can get admission.on saturdays u can go..& meet EO...all other wokring days between 11-12 only.

May be u can get admission for october session...they admit in 2 batches for prekg..

All the Best..

Anu

9. deepabalki

deepabalki New IL'ite

hi all,
    what is the fee structure in sundarvalli, how costly it is, i heard appl. cost is rs.1000/-

10. keerthichrome

keerthichrome New IL'ite

hi ladies.
    i stay very near to scs school.I heard its a very good school with good morals..quite disciplined..the principal has got an national award for best teacher last year from indian govt. they have produced 3 state ranks this year in 10th standard.I am from kuwait and I have admitted my kids last year in scs and I am quite happy with the school..the fees is also not much compared to other schools..