Good school near OMR

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Karthiga, Oct 31, 2007.

1. nithyadharma

nithyadharma New IL'ite

hi friends...am new to this site and i was just lookin through....i will be shifting to omr next year...my son is in ukg studying in chettinad vidyashram...now am so confused abt wher to put him next year...do anybody know any really good schools near omr?plz help....

2. suryasathya

suryasathya New IL'ite

Re:Me too searching for a Good school around OMR

Hi all,
    karthiga, Sashirekha, Julie, Gayathri,.........etc., etc.,........
    I am new to this blog! I was searching for information with regard to the existing and the upcoming schools in & around OMR.

I found ur discussions very useful as we are likely to shift from Mogappair(residing currently), to OMR (near Kalambakkam), by 2011 Aprl/MAy/June.
    My daughter is doing her U.K.G now.

I am very much worried about the standard of the schools over there.
    1. As someone said, I heard from many, PSBB not really gud, children turning very adamant etc etc.
    2. Gateway is very high to afford, also not upto the mark some feel........
    What other schools are there (CBSE) with nominal fee and gud at standard.??

what about BVM (Balvidya mandir) I think inside Bollineni BSCPL apartments, high fees????? what about the standard etc

Many schools have proposed to come inside many ongoing apartments in another 1 / 2 years.....................say, in L&T, Inside Untitech homes etc , Jagannath CBSE school by a new builder called Jagannath Orchid(Padmavathy apartments) etc, etc.................

How far all these will be gud and how soon can we expect them/
    Any idea............?

please...............tell me about some more schools u all know .
    Thanks for information already discussed among u,
    and also thank u all in advance for the forthcoming discussions.
    Regards,
    Suryasathya

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  3. nithyadharma

nithyadharma New IL'ite

hi suryasathya....is ur daughter going to 1st std next year?my son is too....am too lookin for a good school near omr....i heard gateway is good....that is our first option...if u get any info abt other schools plz let me know....wher are u shifting to in omr?just curious...

4. newearth

newearth New IL'ite

Re: Schools around OMR

Hi Jullie,

My kid is also studying in Gateway, sholinganallur. I too agree with you. We're very dissatisfied with the school. The admin is very bad and facilities also not upto the mark. Transport is becoming very unreliable. Not worth for the fee that we pay.
    Planning to pull my kid out next year.
    Any other good schools in this area??

Thanks,
    newearth.

5. headspin

headspin Bronze IL'ite

abacus is a great school. my sister's kid is studying there.. they follow montessori methods... and very nice school.

fees is high only.. about 30k per yr + donation of 50k.

but otherwise its a great school. my BIL passed out from their adyar branch. he is so confident and carefree and independent. sensible and smart. i wouldnt call him 1st ranker.... but overaller.

6. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

i too heard abacus is very good. try there. its got one school in adyar/besant nagar and other in perungudi.

otherwise there are a lot of schools: about 5-10 kms around OMR - in areas like adayar, velachery, madhya kailash, etc..

shishya: in adyar
    bvm: gandhi nagar
    abacus: adyar/besant ngr road
    chettinad: near gandhi nagar
    st michaels academy: gandhi nagar
    st johns
    ashram: velachery

7. ILVIND

ILVIND New IL'ite

Hi to all
    I came to know through one of my friend who lives in Padur that HIRANANDANI is stating their school HUS with cbse and IB syllbus class from pre-kg to 7 and the fee for 1st year is 70k (including addmission ) after that (next year onwards)45K
    They will have 4 terms it seems .They are acceptting outsiders also not like mumbhi(for begning years) you can try for that.
    And one more opp is PSBB KKnagar in L&T they also started giving applications
    And one more is

8. mpelumalai

mpelumalai New IL'ite

Hi All,
    This is Elumalai, husband of E.karthigadevi. We were aggressively searching for LKG admission. He is 3+ yrs old now and currently studying PRE K.G KIDZEE pallikaranai. I either got called from very expensive schools or got rejected by medium cost schools like PSBB. when i reached PSBB for inquiry and asked for admission, they were not responding properly. wondering what would take to get an admission in PSBB.

Appreciate if any of you can provide any useful info

9. sandyarun

sandyarun New IL'ite

Code:

Throw some light on procedure in admission for these schools!Donation,fee structure,preferences and transport for the above said schools

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  10. nw2007

nw2007 New IL'ite

Hi
    Can you please let me know about Gateway CBSE School in Padur

Thanks

Lks