1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Good Restaurants in Charlotte

Discussion in 'Indians in Charlotte' started by sorna, Sep 23, 2008.

1. sorna

sorna Senior IL'ite

i saw the same topic in Atlanta area.Its good to share the restaurants we love .

So far i went to only 2 restaurants.

jaipur indian restaurant.
    5909 South Blvd
    Charlotte, NC 28217

Food is good and service is also nice.And they are offering Dinner buffet on fri,Sat,Sun nights.(haven't tried the buffet yet)

Another one is

Bombay Cuisine
    230 E Wt Harris Blvd, Charlotte

Food is good,but the service is not so good and the tables and chairs are horrible.

So guys share ur likings(indian /international restaurants)

2. akpreets

akpreets New IL'ite

You can try Cafe Nirvana on Lancaster Highway, Bombay Grille on Pineville Matthews road. Both are good. Tamarind on Carmel Rd was average food. Bombay Grille had very few items on a weekend Buffet too, so was disappointed about that, but food taste was good.

3. sowdha

sowdha New IL'ite

Visit maharani in south kings drive. They have excellent food and their buffet is very good.

sowdha

4. Ayu

Ayu New IL'ite

There's a new one in University area, next to Trader Joes called 'Cakes n Flakes'. They have awesome pastries and cakes (black forest etc) and have some chaat items as well. I have tried it twice so far and have loved it. I liked it better than Rajbhog. Another one coming up by Concord Mills Mall is 'Spice 9'. No clue when they open.

5. amallela

amallela New IL'ite

Good that we have this thread here, we went to Woodlands inCharlotte thinking that it is the same as Florida one, but it was not at all good.

6. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends,interesting discussion...I love the weekend buffet in Bombay Cuisine compared to Jaipur.The price is little high but have more variety & taste is good.Rajbhog is good once in a while for the sweets,snacks & some sunday specials.

Amallela,thanks for the review on woodlands.Waiting to try cakes n flakes & spice9

ammu

7. Ayu

Ayu New IL'ite

Being a vegetarian options are limited for me.

'Passage to India' opened recently at the former Udipi location. Tried twice for dinner and food was alright....my husband went for buffet twice with his work friends and they say they are never going to go there again.

Saffron on south side is little on the pricy side but I have liked the food.

Sangam is another one which I have always liked until the last time when our carry out order was really really bad. I plan on trying it one more time though...maybe after a few months.

Non-Indian places:

One definitely worth trying is 'PF Changs'. Its right by the Northlake mall off of I-77. I simply love their Lettuce wraps and they have good vegetarian options.

'The Middle Eastern Deli' which is off of Independence has good Falafal sandwich. Do try their veggie platter (it has potato harrah, tabouli salad, hummus etc. I dont like the spinach pie that comes with it.)

'Cuisine Malaya' is located uptown and offers malaysian cuisine. Roti kanai (appetizer) is yum and I always make a meal out of it.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  8. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Ayu on the extensive list...Last week we had a take out from Passage to India;loved it.

We also dine @ Cuisine Malaya yeah roti canai is too good.Thanks for the reviews on non-indain places will try it out some time.

9. pads486

pads486 New IL'ite

Another non-indian place to try is Aladdin in Mint Hill. They have a lot of vegetarian options.

10. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Try out Jersey mikes hot subs.Bit pricey than regular ones but taste was too good & was fresh.Has anyone tried Cracker Barrel? (located near concord mall)?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009