Good Morning America. Is The Reality Starting To Sink In Now?

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Rakhii, Nov 9, 2016.

1. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

I think they said only 8 of 27 HCL transition team were in h1b and only 20 will work from US , That means non h1 b will here and rest will go to India ...

This trend will increase , more go to India mimimal staff onsite.

Rihana likes this.
  2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

No one has asked POTUS dear why he is hiring foreign workers at his Trump winery in Virginia. Guess the American economy is doing well enough that these jobs go abegging.
    Trump Winery Seeks Even More Foreign Workers

sumalynux likes this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I was reading through the verbiage of the new "Trumpcare" plan. It's basically for the Richies. Nothing about mental health parity laws. All it says is federal funding is being reduced and most decisions are passed onto the states. That's not good news for me. This state isn't known to "take care" of its poor citizens on Medicaid or other subsidized plans.

Here is an article outlining its flaws.

4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Having a lawyer number handy (thanks blindpup) and remembering to say, "I first need to call my lawyer" is a smart thing and an "American" thing immigrants would do well to learn.

Yes, but once you know what is going on - you are getting arrested and are going to the precinct, then, don't ask each and every question that comes to mind. Once you accept you are getting arrested, accept that your wallet is getting checked. Save the questions for the really pertinent ones. Doing so will increase the chances that you will be allowed the privilege of using a private restroom.

In India, a gentle hint that you are willing to pay some money, will help. In the U.S., not asking too many questions might.

Mistt and sumalynux like this.
  5. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

H4 EAD about to be scrapped ? He really is tightening the screws on work related visas.

Shanvy likes this.
  6. Rihana

Thanks for trying again. Interesting to see how the same letter can be read differently. I concluded that the officer did his duty and politely and considerately enough. Given that we know only her version, and treating that letter's text as some indicator of what might be the officer's version, I concluded that the officer must have done his duty politely enough.

If at all there is anything to fault with the police's action, I find these:
    - not accepting cash, and pushing them to use the bailbond person - surely there must be some racket going on there.
    - would be interesting to see the statistics of how many people get arrested for driving with an expired driver's license.
    - would be interesting if an enterprising journalist of an Indian newspaper tired of inane reporting, goes and digs up some figures on who got arrested for such violation. And statistics about their skin color.
    - Not being allowed to use a private restroom. Is it a rule or is it up to the discretion of the staff on duty?

If the letter had questioned whether race played a role, I would understand that as a valid question given the current political atmosphere. Or, if it had included statistics on how many get arrested.

Maybe the woman didn't originally intend for her letter in this form to get so widely circulated.

We don't know how he said "Ma'am", in what tone, and with what inflection. We can only speculate and we can choose to focus on different aspects of such incidents.

SunPa likes this.
  7. Rihana

You were right. I missed that even though it is there right in the excerpt I quoted.

So, during the transition, 8 of the HCL staff were on H1B. And 20 HCL employees will work from U.S., non H1B will be here, and rest will work from India.

Looks like the UC has followed the law. H1 was used to aid outsourcing, which is technically not the same as replacing jobs held by Americans.

But this fine difference won't get noticed, and in the protest over H1B's, this UCSF case will add fuel to the fire.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

9. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

10. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

i believe only premium processing for H1B is stopped, not H1B completely at this time.