Good Morning America. Is The Reality Starting To Sink In Now?

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Rakhii, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Guys so many racial slurs have started...
    Are we safe anymore?I am so scared to even go to my gym now coz am one of the very few Indians who go there ..I don't know if am paranoid but things happening around from what I see in fb and news is no good..

Honestly,atleast before I was contemplating whether to move back to India but now I just want to move back!! Want to go back to my home back in our country where I belong.hubby thinks am overreacting but the fear is real!!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Sparkle likes this.
  4. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

For people who say Holocaust is no gonna happen in 21st Century and living in the first world country. Please read the news article-

Yes, the title says Anti- Trump are being bullied-- but please read the article to get a full picture-

Principal on leave for alleged anti-Trump comments; student who voiced support for Trump attacked

*A mock deportation letter was given by high school student to a classmate
    *Muslims are being robbed across the state.
    If this is happening in a blue state... I dont even want to imagine what might be happening in the red states.

Today it's Muslims and Hispanics... Tomorrow who else ? People who bully will take a min and understand that we are Hindus?

People from Iran, Iraq all Islam country get their green card within 2 years. Yet, they are discriminated for their religion and skin tone.

Legal or Illegal is not the question.

Trump ran on campaign white against the rest. The unknown is "if Trump will follow his campaign is what worries the rest".

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  5. blindpup10

Jonathan Pie who explains why Trump won-
    Jonathan Pie | Facebook

SO, I didn't figure out how to share the video from FB to IL- so check out Jonathan Pie's page and the first video
    "Pie thinks he knows who is to blame for the rise of Trump...and you're not going to like it!"

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

so my cousin who is working in a gas station got a call from his boss telling him they no longer need his services. 1 day after Trump.

7. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

Don't lose hope. Watch this.

8. blindpup10

15338694_549101485292929_8958407445739527862_n.jpg

Found this on FB- thought it's appropriate for this thread :tearsofjoy:

9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I will admit that I am an ignoramus (or let's say of "simple mind" : ) ) with respect to U.S. national and international politics, and rarely read beyond CNN/rediff.

What is so wrong with building a wall? Beyond the who will pay for it and who will do the lowly jobs, what is wrong with the idea of a wall? I am a little tired of reading statements from local government of the so-called "sanctuary cities" that they will not be part of the effort, and they will not alienate their "most vulnerable" and that the wall is against the very "inclusiveness" and other great principles of America.

And what is wrong with a temporary ban or slowing down on refugees from certain countries? Hasn't the U.S. done enough harm and good already for the world to last a century or more! How about some charity at home now!

yesican, madras2018 and Nonya like this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

The wall seems to be a representation of "division".It's like united we stand,divided we fall.
    In the minds of people,we do not want any sort of discrimination.We can be ok with the wall and temporary bans but if this succeeds,next victims might be us too!

For e.g.:Most of our countrymen do great in IT sector jobs and let's say next target might be to ban us so as to give back the jobs to people who claim they are the ones who truly belong.

The more bans and division is utter chaos to the entire world.

Instead of targeting particular religion or country,if the ban is "general" then things will be accepted.I always felt a leader has to be diplomatic and nothing wrong in being one.

Hence,best is to regulate laws.

The greatest country is the world should set an example the right way.If not,other countries will follow suit.Already in our homeland we have so many discriminations against a certain religion and this news of ban will be headlines all over the world and it will affect so many other fellowmen ,some of whom we might also know.

We all have differences and we are all different in every way.It's ok ..no..it's actually good.That's the beauty of it.Let's all respect others for who they are and learn what good the other culture has to offer.

We don't even need to accept but all we need is to give some space for everyone around us and live and let live.

I might sound like preaching but am being very honest and just voicing my thoughts which has been itching me for a very long time.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    BeingSoulful and AnooSA like this.