Good Morning America. Is The Reality Starting To Sink In Now?

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Rakhii, Nov 9, 2016.

1. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

I believe Hillary wasn't a presidential material. Has too many skeletons in the closet, she can't come out of the elitist status and talk ( like Michelle Obama), people find very hard to relate to Hillary.
    Elisabeth Warren, on the other hand a very good candidate.

jskls likes this.
  2. blindpup10

You are not alone.. the "Trump Gloom" is upon the nation.
    Republicans have targeted the illegal immigrants. As long as we are legal. At least from the paperwork stand point it shouldn't matter.
    As, far as racial profiling from employer shouldn't be done.. But again it does happen... (even before Trump won)
    Things won't change overnight... Although we feel somehow we are being targeted after Trump's win.

Have faith..
    Hopefully, the 70-year-old child president becomes a puppet of a sane person.

anika987 likes this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

It should be Good Mourning America.

SunPa, Sparkle and blindpup10 like this.
  4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Not at all surprising. Lots of older and rural white folks in Florida. Except for Miami-Dade and Broward with the heavy Hispanic population the rest of the state is very conservative. Minorities turned out heavily for Hillary but the numbers were not enough. Even Obama barely eked out a win against Romney.

5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

6. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

I agree on all this.

But...
    Lets say there is a white Michelle Obama, she will still go through a very tough time at winning.

Women in the highest position also go through sexism.

First world country?? :shakehead:

SunPa likes this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Maybe am wrong but I do not think Hillary being a woman did not stop her being a president.

The way trump campaigned!raising a wall,talking against certain religions,making America great again and providing jobs to Americans first and then the immigrants all theses appealed to the working class people unfortunately.

He is a businessman and he knows the deal!

Lathasv likes this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Sparkle it was not about hillary being female, it is more than this. The ripple was heard in international finance conference few months back. And also something about historical data pattern. Me wanting a ms.president did not give it much importance.

@MalStrom and @justanothergirl i know it will be difficult, it is scary and some of my friends and known acquaintances are also scared. But i could not have put my thoughts clearer than this guy
    PRESIDENT TRUMP …

Trump is a thorough business man with his own rules but would like to win. He fought the election won it.
    I would like to bet that he wouldn't do lot of damage and i am giving him the benefit of doubt. But yes the fraction that thinks now that he is the prez they rule the world types who would cause the real damage. These types are everywhere

yesican likes this.
  9. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

I agree with these statements. I am only pointing out a small reason that is existing within the broader perspective.

And I also stand by these statements

10. blindpup10

Yes absolutely, even if its white Michelle Obama... she still has a tough fight from the old boys club.

Apart from that what failed Hillary, in 2016 election is on a very different basis. With 8 years of Democratic black president rule, I believe Republicans, in general, had much hate toward the system. There is only so much even Obama can change with Congress up his ass on every bill.

With platform already a bit antsy there was no way Hillary had it easy.

She had quite a bit of baggage herself-

A lot of college educated women + people who don't like Hillary but Hate Trump still went out and voted for Hillary. People who voted for her couldn't relate to her
    She got popular votes. But she couldn't get people to relate to her, where as Trump although has never starved a day in the life... swayed people's emotion.
    Her only mistake-use of private email server while serving as secretary of state.
    Her speeches, her debate strategy was much more defensive rather than playing offense. Of course, they did negative campaigning.
    She didn't even campaign in Wisconsin. I call that being over confident and foolish.
    http://www.freep.com/story/news/pol...tes-michigan-pennsylvania-wisconsin/93572020/
    She ( the whole world) underestimated Trump.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    Shanvy likes this.