Good maternity hospitals in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Bangalore' started by Heather13, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Heather13

Heather13 New IL'ite

Hello, I will be relocating to Bangalore next month, I will be abt 5 months pregnant with twins.. Can you pls suggest me a good hospital in and around Banashankari area( J'nagar, JP nagar, B'gudietc).. As i m carrying twins, I expect neonatal care,pls suggest a good doctor n good hospital. I will be not covered by any insurance and spending money out of pocket.. Thanks in advance!

2. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Hi Heather..

Welcome to IL...

And congratualtions for your motherhood.. :)

You can check in Sikkim Manipal Hospital in JP nagar. It is a famous hospital.

3. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Hi All

I had posted my query on an earlier thread, but didnt get much response

I will be relocating to Blore in Feb. I am 8 weeks preg with Twins..and mine is probably a high risk case due to IVf conception and obesity...

Please guide me on suitable hosp pref in Malleshwaram/ Yeshwantpur area

I am looking for gynec who can handle multiple delivery/ high risk cases.

4. OliveOyl

OliveOyl Gold IL'ite

Cloud Nine (previously called cradle) in Jayanagar 3rd block is a fantastic hospital for delivery and neo natal care. It is tied up with Apollo and it is run by a neonatologist. You should check it out once. It is a bit expensive, but facilities are world class. They will even give you a tour of the hospital before you can make up your mind. I had my delivery there and it was truly an amazing experience. They treat you like a princess :)

5. sandhyars

sandhyars Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Near Jnagar, basavangudi - you can try Rangadore Memorial hospital ,Shankar puram.. I delivered my little one there one year back. They are a group of 5 docs there, i was visiting dr. Premalatha. All the docs in the group are fine. Their head is. Dr. Latha Venkataraman. They always advise to go for normal delivery and not much interested in c-section. The hospital is also good.
    Dr. Premalatha visits Maiya's hospital ( Ashoka pillar) and one another hospital at j.p.nagar. So you can get in touch with her. Their contact number for Appt - 9243052186. pls callup, take an appt and then only visit. bcoz their schedule keeps changing.

At Malleswaram - you can visit Lakshmi Maternity home - Dr. Leela Rao. I have just heard abt the hospital, dont know much abt doctors there. If possible, will try to get some info from others.

6. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Sandhya

any details will help me a lot..!

Olive, can u find out if the set up at Cloud nine Malleshwaram is similar to the one in Jayanagar..

did you have a normal delivery there..If you dont mind can you share the Dr details, costs etc

7. Heather13

Heather13 New IL'ite

Mine too.. Conceived via IVF, had few bleeding episodes.. So, I am looking for a very good doctor who can handle multiples and high risk cases...

8. Heather13

Heather13 New IL'ite

Thanks sandhyars and Oliveoyl.. I checked out Cradle website, it seemed very expensive,I usually don;t care abt money, but I am concerned here because of twins ( may require neonatal ICU) and high risk.. So, the cost could easily shoot up.. Which doctor would you refer in Cradle?
    @Sandhyars - Thanks for all the detials, I will check each of them, before deciding..

1 person likes this.
  9. Heather13

Heather13 New IL'ite

Thanks Sabari, I will check it out..

10. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

one of my relatives also delivered in Cloud Nine old airport Road. Excellent one.