1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

good manners and etiquette

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by mrudulapr, Nov 20, 2011.

1. mrudulapr

mrudulapr New IL'ite

hi all,

want to know your views on some examples for good manners or etiquette. I am sure not only our children but we adults should also be aware of these things.

I was a very shy kid and I used to freeze up when I make or assumed I made a goof up. Used to avoid any new social interaction. I believe an idea about how to act or what to say in a given situation can make shy people more confident.

mrudula

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Absolutely right Mrudula. It is very important to have certain social skills. You can start off having your kids with syaing their "please and thankyous" loudly and clearly. Help them to look people in the eye and speak, to greet people doing the same, to wait politely for their turn either in a line or to speak and right now I have some friends who are working on their kids' manners of seeing off their friends after a play date - to come up to the door to say bye! Small thinsg, but will eventually make a huge difference in a child's life.

3. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

kids learn by seeing their parents.for any child their first role model is their parents.so whatever your child needs to follow has to be followed by parents.