1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Good husbands do exist!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Pomegranite, Jan 30, 2012.

1. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

I love my DH a lot too but still i have lots of complaints against him and i have to accept them bcoz he is willing to accept mine. My DH is good even not perfect.

2. divyasselvan

divyasselvan Silver IL'ite

I think there is a thread about Arranged marriages and many people had given information about "Good marriages".. I think most of the time, everyone get good husband but not good marriage.. What I mean is that, A successful marriage is not just getting a good husband, but also with us in compromising and understanding other person and others perspective. But I do agree, if we get a good husband, all other things will just be minor and we will be happy irrespective of what happen around us.

I am very fortunate, because I got the best parents and now because of them, I got best person I could ever ask for. It is like we were in love for years and years. Initially we used to fight, and every time I would say, I want to run from you.. I am not happy with you.. etc.. But everytime, he would act with more love and care that the very next moment I will also love him more.. Fortunately, even if we have issues, we will sort it out within one day and next day, we would start afresh with more love.

He is not a person custom made for me. He has his own unique qualities, some I like and some I hate. When he behaves in the way, I dont want him to, I would think, how many times I irritate him and he would always bear it, so let me bear it too. So the tension will not go beyond line and later when we switch back to good mood, I would say him what hurts me and he will change accordingly.

I was pampered so much in my home and dont know to do anywork and he is a perfectionist. So I used to get scolding everyday, saying I am not maintaining the room properly etc. I wanted to keep him happy, so I will try my best to keep everything intact. I will miss something or the other but he will always appreciate whatever I did, even if it is simple thing like folding the bedsheets or filling up the water bucket.

And yesterday he just melted my heart, when I became so tired, he pressed my legs, hands, head and made sure I am comfortable and relaxed. He insisted he will do these things to me, though sometimes I will also do them to him. Even if the water is just across the bed, he would collect it for me and make me drink. He is just loving and caring. God sends us these kind of special gifts to realize how much he loves us.

I am all waiting to get a mini-DH which will make him most happiest person. So I am both in TTC and Weight Loss category..

2 people like this.
  3. bukbuk

bukbuk Silver IL'ite

Hey mini-dh??? That's so cute girl!!!!

4. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Me and DH were driving the other day. I was in the passenger seat.It was really hot. I cranked up the AC, it was still too hot and I was getting frustrated. I said ' The AC is on full power, I don't know why it is not blowing any cool air, DH tried some adjustments. After a few minutes, there was cool air. I said,"It's cool now. What did you do?" He said, " I closed the vent on my side." Awwwwwwww. That's my DH.:kiss:banana:thankyou2:

7 people like this.
  5. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

The world is a mixed bag with good and bad people... There are extremes in both sides, but most of the people are in the middle with less or more goods and bads. It is just the matter of how comfortable you are with the person called husband in your marriage. A good husband can make everything good by his love. Though you have other issues like, finances, career or in laws, they eventually seem less weighted issues with the excessive love of your husband. Then why bother to come here and post I am happy...

Not only you, most of the people on this earth are HAPPY. That's why we are still surviving, producing kids, progressing... But we stuck at one point when things turn bad or doesnt work as the way it should be... Then only people come here to seek advice to fix it... or vent out.

If you are HAPPY, then you dont need to say it loud.. Your smile on your face shows it to everyone. But if you are NOT happy, then you need someone to share their shoulder with you... Most of the times family issues can not be shared with someone who knows you better, hence the people those suffer with extensive issues come out here to seek advises from the unknown experts.

But I agree, its nice to see the other side of the coin too:)

6. SallyR

SallyR Silver IL'ite

Wow a chance to talk about what a great guy my husband is without sounding like I am boasting. We have been married for 15+ years and we are still crazy about each other like we did when we got married. My dh deserves most of the credit for our successful marriage.

He is such a romantic guy...never afraid to show his emotions. He has a good sense of humour...we have so much fun talking and laughing with each other. He has never been shy of giving compliments...never made me feel inadequate about myslef. He is a smart and successful but doesn't let it get to his head...treats everyone with respect. He shares the household work like cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc whenever he can. He takes care of me when I am sick.

He treats my parents with love and affection. He loves his parents a lot...if there was any disagreement between his parents and me...he would stand by me and explain my viewpoint to them. He is a great dad to the kids..spends time with them and does whatever he can for them. He has lots of friends and he values their friendship.

He has hobbies and interest outside work. He has his faults of course but they are all quite minor. Overall he is an amazing person and I am lucky to have him as my husband!!!

7. deepa10

deepa10 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I am married for 3 months approx and I know my husband for about 8 years. We have come across so much problems during our courtship period itself and even then I knew, I have a very good and sweet guy with little imperfections. Though its too early to talk about my married life, I am happy to say that I am happy with my husband and in-laws and hoping that our relationship would be more happier as day pass by.

8. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Dear Pomogr..

Even I salute to my DH.... actually I took several years (13-14) to understand him... his major problem was he didn;t know how to balance between me and his mom, for him his mom was some one above God.. he just could not hurt her even though he knew she is 100% wrong, he would instruct and some times plead with me to go by her... he many times sacrificed his own happiness for his mother according to me it was blind devotion he actually could have tried reasoning with her but any cost he would not hurt her feelings and this my MIL took advantage of this and used it against me..
    Only 6 months ago my MIL expired... though he was devastated in the beginning but very soon he came back to normalcy... and today he his such a doting husband that any wife would like to have.. I should salute him

9. sstha

sstha Silver IL'ite

I have been married for 6 months but we were in a relationship for 7 years. I salute my DH.
    I know its too early but i can guarantee we will be the same till our end of life. I have the best in-laws.

10. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

These are lines which everyone should bear in mind, certainly the acceptance of each others welfare and understanding are more helpful for a happy life.

But today's scenario is completely topsy turvy, each small issue they want to separate, ???

Hats off for commencing this thread and a salute to my DH