1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Good health tonic for women

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by paps, Dec 19, 2011.

1. paps

paps Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,

Did anybody tell me about which health tonic is good for women in all aspect.

I need you suggestion in this regards.
    Please do reply.

Thanks

2. infotech

infotech Bronze IL'ite

hi paps,

The best tonic will be sathumavu(in tamil). There are many tonics available like iron tonic, noni, amways protein powder. But this sathumavu is naturally prepared and is good for health. The recipe is:

Each 250 gms
    Ragi
    Kambu
    Cholam (corn)
    Red rice (Red rice which we use for red puttu)
    Samba Wheat (not punjab wheat which we use for chapathi)
    fried gram dhal
    Greengram dhal

Each 50 gms or less than that as u wish
    cashew
    badam
    walnut

fry all these and powder it in mill and mix it with water.stir it and add milk and sugar as per your choice. U can add elachi while grinding if u r going to drink it with milk otherwise if u r going to add salt dont add elachi.

If u feel lazy to prepare this the second alternative tonic will be noni. But pls discuss with ur doc before start drinking this noni tonic.

regards,
    bindhu.

3 people like this.
  3. paps

paps Bronze IL'ite

Thank you bindu. Let me try your suggestion. Thanks for the kind reply.

4. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

Bindhu,

Is this sathu maavu will increase weight or not.

5. infotech

infotech Bronze IL'ite

hi sudha,

It will not increase weight because whole grains like wheat, kambu, ragi contains complex carbo. There are two types of carbohydrate ie., simple carbo and complex carbo.

Simple carbo releases energy immediately into the blood and that cause digestion rapidly. Due to that we feel hungry and tend to eat more whereas complex carbo release energy slowly so that u will feel energetic through out the day. Moreover the fiber content available in grains which is very much important to maintain ideal weight.

If u are very cautious u can cut down the quantity of cashew and fried gram (pottukadalai) or simply omit it. And moreover we take only rice varieties and wheat in our day to-day life. We don't take whole grains and legumes which contains lot of nutrients.

thanks,
    bindhu

2 people like this.
  6. rashmii

rashmii Bronze IL'ite

hi bindhu,
    I think sathu maavu is readily available in the market. Is it ok to have the one that is readily available in the market or is it better we prepare it at home. Because i find it tedious to get all the stuff and then powder it.

thanks,
    rashmii

7. christine014

christine014 Gold IL'ite

I have never prepared anything at home as such. But I have used Aloe and Amla juice from Divya Pharmacy(Baba Ramdev) and used them for 6 months and they were ok. Didn't make any drastic changes in my health. It regularized bowel movements to a good extent and also while using them, period cramps were quite less.

I used Saafi, which women use to cure acne and for good complexion and it did clear a few pimples and thats about it, nothing great.

Zandu Lalima on the other hand was a nice tonic. I used it for 2 months and it gave a nice glow to my skin and I had no acne during the time at all.

1 person likes this.
  8. vasumathi89

vasumathi89 Silver IL'ite

dex orange, noni, alovera juice, green tea.....