Good Date, Time and Day for changing thaali (manjal kayiru)

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Sophiatweetie, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Sophiatweetie

Sophiatweetie New IL'ite

Dear Sisters and Friends,

Can anyone please suggest good date, time and day this month (October). I want to tie new manjal kayiru (yellow thread). Please help me and give me your valuable suggestions on how to follow the procedures. As in my previous post, I mentioned the old gold Chain was ripped. Also this is my first time and I don't have any elders with us here. So please consider me as your sister or friend and kindly give me your input.

With love,
    sophia

2. Sophiatweetie

Sophiatweetie New IL'ite

Dear sisters and friends,
    I am waiting for your inputs. Please let me know the good date, time and day for this month (oct 2014).

3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Sophiatweetie,

Oct 20th (mon) Nov 02nd (Sun) before noon, without Ragu Kalam is auspicious, Nov 02nd is better of the two.

However why don't you call up your mom and ask her to check for best dates as she would know your customs better than us.

May Baba guide you always, SAIRAM

4. LuvLadoo35

LuvLadoo35 Gold IL'ite

Hello Sophia ,

I had the reverse scenario ..I had to switch over from the yellow scared thread to gold chain thali (mangalsutra). We simply went to the nearby temple where the priest recited MahaLaxmi Ashotratam followed by Ganesha Archana and then asked us to swap the thali . I think we went on a Friday evening after the Rahu kalaam was over. Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  5. Sophiatweetie

Sophiatweetie New IL'ite

Thanks Sister. But Oct 20th is falling on Monday. I will now go for Nov 02 as you mentioned. Can I use the gold chain which my parents gave me for my wedding. Thank you in advance.

6. Sophiatweetie

Sophiatweetie New IL'ite

Dear LuvLadoo,

thank you for your suggestion. I will check with the priest here if they do any pooja.

7. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Sophiatweetie,

Sairam, Sorry about that "day" I have changed it to Monday, Glad you chose Nov02nd as it is Valarpirai, (new moon to full moon)

Yes you can use the chain which your parents gave for the wedding, May Baba bless you in abundance and guide you always,

Thank You

8. Sophiatweetie

Sophiatweetie New IL'ite

Dear Sister,

I sincerely thank you for your kind words and love. Take care.

Love,
    sophia

1 person likes this.