Good Beauty Parlors in chennai

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by uma321, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Re: Query regarding beauty parlour gor bridal service

Dear Sangeetha,
    My heartiest congrats on your wedding Eve.[​IMG]
    Please go through this(Bridal tips) forum itself to get more tips and toes for the BRIDE's preparatory plans.

You will get more response if your post is in the T.Nadu forum.So am moving there.Thanks for the understanding.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  2. ramya76

ramya76 New IL'ite

hi,

congrats on ur wedding.Laxme is good and even green trends is excellent.But start ur skin routine a month before ur wedding.daily go for cleansing,toning and moisturing a month before ur wedding date.also condition ur hair regularly and keep it soft.if any dark under circles apply potato juice and for any black spots scrub it with sugar and apply lemon juice.do all this and ur skin will be glowing on ur wedding.take lots of water

3. sangeethraj

sangeethraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi ramya,
    Thanks for your information. It will be very useful for me.
    I need some information from u.
    I got lot of pimples on my face after doing facial. So the skin doctor asked me dont do facial.
    So i want to know how cleansing,toning and moisturing will be done in house itself.

Thanks in advance
    Sangeetha

4. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

If you have Pimples you should not scrub/steam or do any kind of facial..
    Same thing happened for me before my marriage. I just followed the dermatologist advice. It helped me a to recover form the Pimples.. And all natural way to make the skin glow really helped me a lot..

Daily drink apple juice and carrot juice alternative days, 100% i am sure u will see the glow in your face

5. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Actually i didnot have pimples but had marks on the face due to my earlier pimples.

so i took treatment for that before my marriage so i didnot do any kind of facial before my marriage .

Follow ur dermatalogoist advice . also drink enough water .
    If adviced(by ur doctor) do apply sunscreen whenever u go out .

Also i did my make up in Lakme (velachery).everyone told me that i was really looked very beautiful. so my suggestion is for lakme only .

Also they will be arranging for a Trial too. so if time permits (which i didnot have as i returned to india few days before my marriage )take the trial makeup too.

All the very best

6. archa

archa New IL'ite

Parlour for bridal makeup

Hi Ladies,
    I am gonna get married on this feb 25th. Can u pls suggest me a good parlour for make up and mehandi.. I am new to chennai and also sugggest me for good reception and silk saree and blouse stitiching.. Thanks in advance for ur suggestions.

7. Bianca

Bianca New IL'ite

Hi Ramya,
    Very useful tips.. Can u pls help me on how to keep my hair well conditioned. I am getting married in April. My hair is very dry too.

8. vraman

vraman New IL'ite

Makeup, Hairstyle for wedding in Chennai..Please help

Hi all,

My wedding is only a few weeks away, on the 11th april. I still have not been able to decide on a beauty parlour for my makeup and hairstyle. I have been out of India for 5 years now and am out of touch with good salons in Chennai. I was very hopeful of Lakme, so went there for a trial for my engagement makeup. I came out with a decision to not do any professional makeup at all. It is my day and I want to look the best. I have extremely sensitive acne prone skin which hasn't liked the heat in Chennai now :( So I have to be careful of the beauty salon I choose. Also, I don't like it when the people at a salon make faces looking at my skin..>Really Hurts<

I am thinking about trying a different branch of Lakme. I remember there was once a branch near Greams Road a few years back. I was happy with the outcome then. Does anyone know of other good branches of Lakme or other good salons, please?

Cheers,

9. vraman

vraman New IL'ite

Re: Need a good bridal makeup artist in chennai

Monica and Satya,

Never saw an update from you guys about which salon you finally went with. My marriage is in a few more weeks. I have to finalise on my beauty salon soon too. Please let me know what you thought about Kanya, if you finally enquired with them?

Cheers,

10. shrikala

shrikala Senior IL'ite

Re: Makeup, Hairstyle for wedding in Chennai..Please help

hey congratulations!! my wedding is also 3 weeks away in hot and humid chennai. I too have bad acne and worst scarring on one of my cheeks.

I searched though this forum and many a times kanya beauty parlor is suggested.

This is what i am doing: for the past few months i searched and bought foundation, concealer, lipstick, lipliner, eyeshadow, mascara that suits my skin.
    Applied makeup myself and with help of friends and chose the best look.
    Tried taking pictures with hair down, tightly pulled back, side partition, straght partition (vagidu) and all such and saw which was best for my face.
    Now, I have requested my mother to ask the beautician nearby the mandap and see if they can do a trial makeup and hair. I am going only 4 days before the wedding so will go for trial the day i land and show her my pictures and tell my preferences. I will try maximum possible to use the products i bought here.

hopefully other ladies can suggest a good beautician.