Good Beauty Parlors in chennai

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by uma321, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Stephane

Stephane Senior IL'ite

Re: Beauty parlours for bridal makeup around Selaiyur

Hi,
    Bridal charges in Lakme would be more than 3500. You can go with lakme ,selayur. I like the services in lakme,Velacheri.

2. monicamani

monicamani New IL'ite

Need a good bridal makeup artist in chennai

Hi Ladies,

I am getting married on November 6. I want you recommendations/reviews of good parlors or makeup artists in chennai. I tried green trends in mogappair west( I reside there) for my engagement but it was not good at all. They created a new face out of me. It wasn't me at all.
    How is Lakme in annanagar? Is it good?

Thanks,
    Monica

3. nandhumano

nandhumano Senior IL'ite

Re: Need a good bridal makeup artist in chennai

hai monica congrats for your marriage i think kanya beauty parlour in anna nagar is good. iam also in mogappair west nolumbur very near to green trends where r u from

4. monicamani

monicamani New IL'ite

Hi Nandhumano!

I'm reside in 5th block, Mogappair west. Yesterday I went to lakme annanagar to check out their package. I asked them for hair-do catalog. but they had none. They just showed me few photo albums of their previous work but it didnt tell much about the hairstyle. It looked plain and unimpressive. Not happy with lakme. Especially their response. So careless. I'll be going today to check out Kanya in annanagar and Jawed Habib in Mehta Nagar. Hope so something clicks. If you know any other better salons please let me know.

Thanks,
    Monica

5. SathyaRaghuram

SathyaRaghuram New IL'ite

Hi Monica,

I'm also getting married this September. I had a beautician fixed for my engagement (already over) and marriage. Got fed up with the way she made me look. Like you said, a new me, which i hated.

Now i'm also in search of a good bridal makeup parlour. I heard from lotsa my friends that Kanya is good. I suggest you to take up a test make-up, even before getting convinced that they are best, as we can not afford for a try or miss situation.

Did you meet them today? Let me know how good they were. Btw I will also let you know if I come up with some good parlour.

Good luck :)

Regards,
    Sathya

6. sowmyaraman81

sowmyaraman81 Gold IL'ite

Dear All..,

Congrats for getting married :)

In Postal Colony there is one by name Friends Beauty Parlour. She is the one who did for my marriage...She does her work nicely and I am totally satisfied with her work. :thumbsup

You all can check there...my suggestion is have a pre-bridal make up and fix her.

(Please chk my previous post for her address and contact number)

Sowmya Raman

7. uma927

uma927 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Congrats..
    One of my known friends has learnt beauty things. You can even check with her whether she can do the things for your requirement.

She is not having any branded shops but she uses high quality branded products. She is planning to open a parlour but not in recent times.

She has done couple of bridal makeup and do facials and other beauty stuff to the ppl who reside near to her house in avadi.

Any ways you can check and tell your requirements if interested.
    Her contact number is 9841626713 - Name is Sudha

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  8. monicamani

monicamani New IL'ite

Hi Sathya,

Congrats for getting married!! Well, I could cover 2 parlors last sunday; Jawed Habib(Mehta Nagar) and POCO (Rountana). Jawed Habib seemed more reasonable and professional. POCO charged too much. I'm yet to go for a trial. I haven't checked kanya yet. But I'm assuming it must be very expensive. Jawed Habib might be good for reception but not marriage as they don't do outside service. I have to go to the parlor to get it done. which is not possible. I have requested them though. Let me see what they come up with.

Sowmya & Uma,
    Thanks a lot. I'll contact the persons. Thanks again for your help and wishes!

Regards,
    Monica

9. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

i am basically a skin care consultant and can do facials, makeup and mehndi also. all quality and organic products only. refer tuffyshri's Entries - Indusladies Directory

10. umaraj23

umaraj23 Senior IL'ite

Hi Monica N Sathya

Any update on your choice of beautician?

Have u tried bounce or vasundra's visible beauty where they try airbrush technique?