1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gone are th days..!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by nnarmadha, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Narmada,
    Ah..those days...true..it will be evergreen in our memory, no doubt in that, but the last lines of yours say, how matured you had become, to enjoy the days as it comes. :thumbsup:

Sriniketan

1 person likes this.
  2. nnarmadha

nnarmadha Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Latha.!!!

3. nnarmadha

Thank you sriniketan!!! :)

4. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

Very true dear.

First my play home friends were replaced with primary school friends........later they were replaced with high school friends.....later with Pre-University friends.......later with Graduation friends.......after marriage they are replaced with neighboring friends.........may be after having kids.........they will be replaced with my kids friends parents:bonk:bonk

Oh cant i have just one friend who is born on same day as mine and does schooling and work with me till the end.............may be i will bored to death in that case..... Thats why God has given us so many phases in life to meet different people with diverse background and culture but with a common tag FRIEND and he has invented FRIENDSHIP day to at least remember and wish them on that day!!!!

After certain point i have realized how we are losing touch with people due to so called technology and work pressure.......i have made it compulsory to talk with all my close friends (from baby sitting days to graduation) at least on once in 2months. The lucky ones get a call weekly once.....:hide::hide:

Government should ask us to give a list of close friends........and make sure we keep in touch regularly......if dont we should be FINED heftily.....:idea

How can i forget to mention about our HOD........he had too much knowledge but the only problem was he dint know how to share that with us without inducing sleep :rant:rant:rant

He had the habit of looking at students sitting in first bench (middle row).........he never saw anyone beside first benchers..............he had a great power to put us to sleep within 5min of starting lecture..........no one mustard courage to sit in first bench.....finally we decided to sit in first bench on rotation basis.......people who sat in other benches slept well and those in first bench were made to sit alert like a night watchmen..........

Oops.......i hope that HOD isn't a member of IL .......if so he shouldn't read this post.........

Thanks for sharing your college life with us.

3 people like this.
  5. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful post..
    You took me back to my college days...

I studied in a hostel and we had loads of fun..
    Nostalgic!!

lovely narration...

6. nnarmadha

Thanks mums..
    My HOD is also same case..she dont know how to deliver properly..but she has too much of knowledge..

7. nnarmadha

Thanks a lot aparna..

8. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

That was so lovely to read nnarmadha. Really brings back memories from the old days. Those were really some fun filled, tension free, happy days.

I remember in my first year, my friend and I went to the theatre, before the classes started (We were in Evening college), to get tickets for Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. We could not book in advance for the weekend for about 10 of us, the tickets were sold out. So we decided to leave when another group caught us and asked if we'd like to use 2 tickets that they had extra. Who'd want to deny it? We watched the movie from 2 to 5:30 and departed the theatre around the same time as the college leaving hour and got back home as if nothing happened.

I was so thrilled at the experience, oooh..I feel so stupid saying this now!! My mom was cooking in the kitchen and I went and sat on the kitchen platform all bright eyed (she was my best friend and I always told her everything) and said, "you know what I did today??? I secretly went to a movie without telling anyone!!" She looked at me and said with an unexpected serious face, "why don't you tell your dad about it??".

That was it, I sat there on the kitchen platform and cried for the next one hour that I would never do it again..lol... None of my parents even said anything!! They just stood there and looked at me like I was a dancing monkey!!

I can't stop laughing at what my brother had said later that night. He is 4 years younger and a lot lot wiser. He said "How stupid are you??? I know you tell them everything, but this?? Do you hear me telling them that stuff? You just have clean fun and let it be." I nodded dutifully, but never gave myself the chance to practise what he had said..lol ..I still can't and he still does!! :D

1 person likes this.
  9. nnarmadha

hahahahha..super tanoshi...

Thanks a lot!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. sasipathi

sasipathi Senior IL'ite

hai narmada
    gone r the wonderful days u reminded me my college days i studied in chennai we used to bunk our noon classes and go to cinema shopping etc all those memories canot be erased from our mind and heart