1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Going to India – PLZ advice me with your Ideas/suggestions, shopping to do for MOM,DA

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by chittidallas, Nov 6, 2007.

1. chittidallas

chittidallas New IL'ite

<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>Hi IndusLdies,

I would like to plan for <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">India</st1:country-region></st1:place> trip around end of November/start of December.
    I am really poor at shopping stuff, I have no idea how to plan this and what to buy. Actually I am looking for some suggestions/ideas from IL ladies, like what kind of shopping I could do for mom dad sister brother and IN-law’s and frnds, aunt’s and uncle’s etc…
    Looking forward for all your valuable advices…..

Thanks,
    Chitti.

2. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

Re: Going to India – PLZ advice me with your Ideas/suggestions, shopping to do for MO

hi chitti,

apart from chocolates u can get any of the following items for the mens
    watches, perfumes, after shave,razors, t shirts, shorts, lint roller,flash drives,digital camera, camcorder, dvd burner, blank dvd's or cd's, scanner, i pod, mp3 player, cd player, that is all for men.

for women:
    persumes, make up kits, body shaver, hair stling stuff, watches, hand bags, gems from gem show,artificial jewellery sets, 14 or 18k bracelets, fleece throw, sewing machine, comforter set, microwave accessories, baking accessories, dry cofee grinder, moisturiser,....... more to come.......

3. chittidallas

chittidallas New IL'ite

Re: Going to India – PLZ advice me with your Ideas/suggestions, shopping to do for MO

Shree,
    thank you for ur good information. You have given me gud idea about the stuff. Can i ask you one more question that, what shops would be the best to buy these stuff with lesser prices.... like keeping our budget not exceed toomuch....

Thnx,
    Chitti.

4. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

If you would be making your trip after Thanx Giving you would have lotsa sale stuff....I always check out deals2buy.com for all kinda deals...

5. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

As halloween just passed by..check out walgreens for chocolates in sale price....last yr I really saved a bunch..gr8 deal....

6. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi chitti,

u can check all the electronic shops during thanx giving for the electronic stuff. try fry's if it exists in your locatility , i felt that one is better than any other shops for the price, for selection as well the return policy.

check kohls for the artificial jewellery. watches if u really want to go by price u can get it from walmart. also u can get puzzles for the kids which will be challenging as well as cheap it is just 2 $.

for the flash drives keep looking in staples u will get it for free after mail in rebate, also u can check the other electronic shops as well.

for perfumes check perfumania and check the brand cuba, we normally go for that b'cos of its price it costs around 4 $ as well as smells good

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  7. chittidallas

chittidallas New IL'ite

Thanks to all of you for ur beautiful suggestions. I guess, now i found a lot to do... I vl just be in touch with electronic shops and all other shops that u all mentioned here...
    I am now feeling better and ready to plan nd do start shopping...This is really nice to c all of ur responses...

Keep posting all ur gr8 ideas whenever u get new things to be updated here...

Thnx once again ladies....

Chitti....