1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Going One Day In Advance

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Mar 2, 2017.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

As I woke up in the morning I somehow had a feeling today is Friday. After finishing morning ablutions I had my cappucino. As I am observing oru pozuthu ( vellikizamai vradam) on Fridays,I had taken headbath.
    Normally I cook in the morning everything for lunch and dinner. My DH doesn't like to eat rice hot. I eat tiffin for dinner both on Fridays and Saturdays. Accordingly today I made rice and other dishes.

My DH went out with my daughter on some work. After finishing work I took up the news paper to read. I saw the date and day and it was March 2, Thursday. I thought it was yesterday's paper and started searching for today's paper. As I couldn't find it I thought my DH would have misplaced it somewhere. :grinning-smiley-048: Hope that some ladies will think alike who read my scribblings.

My DH returned around 1.30 p.m and we had our lunch together. After seeing the left out rice for dinner he asked me why less rice today. I told him as today is Friday and I won't have rice for dinner. He had a hearty laugh and told today is Thursday. :roflmao:

Aishuvino, iyerviji and ashima10 like this.

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Dear PS,
    had a good laugh reading your post. This brought to mind a similar incident some time last year. My husband fasts on saturdays i.e oru pozuthu - so has only fruits for dinner. One friday, I too went ahead with my routines with the firm belief that today is saturday! After he came back from the temple in the evening, around 8 pm or so, i Just went ahead and brought my plate to the table and proceeded to serve myself my dinner (which was just mornings left over rice, as i usually manage with whatever is there and dont cook anything special for myself on saturday nights).
    After watching for some time only, he asked me have u made something different for me? and you can imagine my shock! Felt so very embarassed and hurriedly went and made some dosais for him(thankfully dosa batter was available in the fridge) . He was insisting i finish my dinner and then can do for him, still i just left everything and went to get his ready! As we were only 2 of us in the house, after our elder son's family moved abroad a week or so earlier, i think i had yet to get used to the atmosphere at home:)

Aishuvino and iyerviji like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

You brought a smile on my face Mami. My husband also does not like hot food.

4. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I can understand Joy dear how you must have felt. Good you had dosa batter.

joylokhi likes this.
  5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear joylokhi,
    Glad to know that I have a companion going in advance.
    We always have ready to prepare something for a hungry person. If there is no dosa or idly batter stock in the fridge we can make rava or semiya uppuma with vegetables and that would also be filling for a hungry person.
    PS

joylokhi likes this.