Going In Organic Way..suggestions Please.

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Sweety82, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Friends, i have a doubt. Anyone had experiences following organic food and achieved pregnancy? does it have any effects on conception. Because, i have planned to discard plastic bottles at home for storing food(i.e., dhals, flours etc...) in my kitchen..i have planned to buy ceramic and glass for storage purposes hereafter..what do you think friends.and also organic fruits and veggies...i know they are expensive..but i need a lil life inside me to come soon. for that i can do whatever possible.. but i really don't know if it has any effects on fertility...or shall i leave it free without thinking too much? confused....please suggest...thanks all

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

It is good from a long-term health perspective, but going organic alone will not have significant effects on fertility. Plenty of women conceive without taking all these measures.
    It is good to follow a balanced, nutritious diet for overall health. Have you been to a ob-gyn/RE for a fertility consultation? If you have been trying for a while and have not done so that will be a good place to start.

Sweety82 likes this.
  3. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Thanks you MalStrom

4. Ihavehope

Ihavehope Silver IL'ite

Hi Sweety,

I did the same thing prior to conceiving(apart from many other things). I threw away all non stick pots and pans and used only steel. Not sure how much it helped but I read somewhere that it is not good for health since it creates toxins in the body. So I just went ahead and threw anything and everything that were plastic and non stick. Hope this helps

Sweety82 likes this.
  5. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Consider buying and reading the book 'It starts with the egg' - you should get pretty much all dos/dont's there including organic/non organic. avoid plastic wrapped items too including take-outs where hot food is placed in plastic containers.

Going organic imho can only help and not hurt. If you can you should definitely try that until the point you have delivered at least. If you cant go organic atleast wash your veggies and fruits thoroughly with the many organic cleaning agents available like vinegar etc.

Sweety82 likes this.
  6. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

:)Thanks @Ihavehope and @madras2018 for the suggestions. couple of days ago i replaced salt and imli containers to ceramic....hv to do it fully.

7. Suparni

Suparni Platinum IL'ite

Organic Food definitely has a good effect on the overall health of a person.....My aunt had skin pigmentation and she was advised to take organic food.....she has been cured by changing her diet.......

Organic Food is expensive.....But You can buy spices of your kitchen.....The spices smell Heavenly!!!.....When you smell organic turmeric powder and normal branded turmeric powder you will clearly understand how chemical additives and colours pollute our regular food......jeera, turmeric, pepper, mustard seeds etc. The Bottle of these spices around 45 rs each will last for 6 months to 1 year.......They will not pinch pocket.....

Organic vegetables and fruits are definitely costly.....

Sweety82 likes this.
  8. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Thanks @Suparni ...i am replacing plastic with glass containers as the first step...