1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Going back to the starting point

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by periamma, Feb 3, 2012.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Bhargavi.Grandchildren are special to us as we see our children in them.My daughter comes to India in March with her 2 sons.Bhargavi in which state are you?my daughter is in Newjersey.

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Periamma,
    [​IMG]cheer up. That's life. But oldage is never a burden or boredome as long as one know how to keep oneself engaged, enthusiastic. You are good in that! You are now gifted with a wonderful memory which you can rewind and cherish till your little one comes back for the next holiday. 'Thirakadal Odiyum Dhiraviyam Thedu' and your son is on that mission. So you are extending that support to him now. This life now you are living for you. Let us look into the positives amidst all negatives. You have all your time to do what you want and like. Distance actually increase the family bonding by bringing an increased value in the realtionship isn't it? :)

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Periamma
    Your post was very touching. It touched those sadful strings into me. I can understand your pain as I am leaving without my son from last 3 years yes I do go and meet him every now and then but still they being away from you always make a mother sad. Even though I speak to him daily I know what he doing everyday but not having them in front of you make you feel sad.
    But as a mother I will can tell you that we should not expect more from them we have to leave them to fly from the nest for the better future of themself. As we had our time when we were young now it is they time to fly and make they own future. But where ever they are we as parents need to pray that whatever they do success kiss they feet.
    We know we have given them all the values of life and a good education. Now it is time for us to feel happy in they successful life and join in they happiness.
    My hugs to you.

4. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Mira thanksma.some times i feel for missing their "mazhalai kurumbu" but we are lucky to see them via webcam.Really this is a valuable gift for parents like us.I accept the facts of life.

1 person likes this.
  5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Aruna thanks for your hugs.our part to shape them is completed and this is their turn to live a happy life.If they are happy we are also happy.But as a mother the pendulum will move here and there.