1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gods must be busy!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by polymorphic, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Ha ha Polymorphic! A good one! First, Gods must be crazy and now Gods must be busy!! Well, will I sound like 'my mom' and now 'me' (as I think I am becoming like my mom) who kept talking whether my dad listened or not! Now you know I do the same whether DH listens or not! And GOD too in the same group you say!! Is it time to start praying to a SHE??

You know, all that talking gives a sense of relief and if you do do something, you can always say "I told you, where were you?" I am sure whether HE listens or not, for us women atleast, talking is a way of relieving and HE will understand and now you should understand too that you have HIS approval and that HE is there!

6 people like this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Polymorphic,

Sorry to have to break this to you dear, but I might just be one of those guilty of jamming the bandwidth just so much - I mean we have our pow-wows all day long. I have to talk to him, thanks him profusely, guilt trip him if he has something called a conscience :hide: :bonk, threaten him occasionally with total withdrawal of my affections and friendship, express disapproval of some of his plans for me or others around me. Are you surprised the lines are jammed? How can I afford not to have constant jam sessions with my Friend, Philosopher and Guide - my Heavenly Poppa?

2 people like this.
  3. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

Hmm so I can see satchi has been keeping him very busy :)

Yeah Srama, I too think God must be a man - unable to listen and multitask- both qualities of a woman :) That was a good suggestion from u . I will pray the godesses now - powerful ones like durga or mahakali :) they are the superwomen of that era. Aah! Feels a bit better now!

2 people like this.
  4. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

That was very interesting to read Polymorphic. I too have felt so a lot of times. Like you said, calling for the more important things does make sense.

But even so, what are we expecting Him to do when he answers the call? When we expect our problems to vanish every time He answers, and they don't, we end up complaining. Maybe He is just trying to say, hold on a little longer and learn to deal with it. He can provide us with the strength and we should develop the patience to solve our problems by ourselves. And think about it this way, maybe He is busy answering someone else who needs Him more than we do. :)

But don't give up. He does answer everyone. We just have to learn to identify the smallest sign he leaves us. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

Yeah tanoshi we have to be patient. But sometimes it takes way too long you start to suspect if the sign He/She is giving to give up and take another path.

1 person likes this.
  6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

FAITH IS GOD AND GOD IS FAITH.He wants to give you the best and so He takes time.Poly sure He will answer your prayer.

1 person likes this.
  7. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Poly....
    Good one.... I am sure he must be recieving your call now....So in a few days you will get your answers...Good Luck Buddy

1 person likes this.
  8. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

Nice one poly:). Enjoyed your post. . May be god is having certain quota for everyone. He don't want to waste it by fulfilling the silly demands of us . He might be waiting for the bigger one, which is worthier than this one.

1 person likes this.
  9. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

Srama,
    :). This is the exact thing happening toF me also. My mom says that, even if she tells the entire Ramayana to dad, dad will ask how Sita is related to Rama at the end. Even me and hubby follows the league. But if I feel he did not listen to me, my next step will be making him answer "what did I tell you just now? Please repeat". sometimes he passes the test. Most of the times he fails. But he listens when I repeat the same again. This way I make sure the important things are heard

Poly,
    Sorry for Digressing

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Poly,

Now this was a great one, i cant stop laughing , u have written it so well, and i agree with u, that we must not strain the bandwith, and ask only the most serious things off him.

when i ask him something, i send a courier and i am answered within a week.How is that

HAHA

REgards

kamal

1 person likes this.