Goddess Lalitha

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by tanmayi, Apr 28, 2010.

1. tanmayi

tanmayi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friends,

At the advice of a priest, I am recieiting Lalitha Sahasranamam daily from the last one month. I am attracted to the stotra so much that I am trying to learn more about this goddress. Though I have got some information on the websites, I am not satisfied. Can you kindly help me.

If I want to pay a visit to her holy temple, which place is suggested?.

Does any of you have her pics, idols at home which you can share with me?

How can I worship her? What can I offer her as Naivedyam daily and also on special occasions?

I am told (it is written in the phala stuti too) that reciting it on a full moon day would be beneficial for a spiritual seeker? I would like to know the importance of full moon day and how to perform pooja on a pournami day?

How to organise Lalitha Sahasranama parayana (in group) and invite people? What would be the best day?

Any information that you can give me which can bring me closer to the mother Lalitha.

If it has already been discussed in IL, kindly give me the link of the thread.

I have lot of expectations from the ILites, kindly help.

Tanmayi

sindmani, charvihema and bhavani812 like this.

2. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

I think for group recitation, Tuesday, Friday and Sunday would be the days in which Lalitha Sahasranama parayanam can be made.

As far as I know, Full moon day is a good day for Ambigai and also for Satyanarayana Pooja.

I may be wrong or right. If I am wrong, I request other ILs to pardon me.

sindmani likes this.
  3. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

I think our beloved Chitra maami has given all details about Lalitha Sahasranamam in the thread "Pujas, Prayer & Slokas" in Lalitha Sahasranamam - Tamil Meaning. All details are available in that. You can please go through the same.

Link is given below
    Lalitha Sahasranamam - Tamil Meaning

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

tanmayi,

Chitvish mam had written about goddess lalitha in her thread here.

Since you are in delhi, check out at the kamakshi temple if there are groups that do parayanam. request them to come and do in your place. that is one way of starting it, since you are new, you will get to learn from the experience of others.

The picture is given by mam and others.

Muthuraji is right, on poornima day we worship lalitha parameswari and is also the day we do satyanarayana pooja (if it followed by the family.) In ours we do the satyanarayana pooja on poornima.

To visit goddess lalitha, visit her at thirumeecheeyur near kumbakonam.

sindmani likes this.
  5. tanmayi

tanmayi Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Muthuraji and Shanvy for directing me to Ma'am Chitvish's posts. I have got answers to most of my queries. Madam Chitvish's work is noble and I really don't have words to praise her.

6. Roopavrajan

Roopavrajan New IL'ite

you can visit Balambika thirupani trust .