'God Particle' ! Our ancient civilization had already found God

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by sureshmiyer, Jul 6, 2012.

1. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

When the breaking news of ‘God Particle’ having been discovered was released in News channels, I thought its time for the Godmen like Asaram Bapu, Anirudh Bapu, and Nithyananda to pack their bags and go home. When God itself is found out by scientists, the discourses of these men in return for money will have no effect. Soon, I was brought to senses as I came to know that ‘God Particle’ has nothing to do with God but is connected with standard model of physics, the subject I dreaded the most.

My colleague started asking me, “What is the fuss all about? Instead of spending millions on such a research that benefits none, can’t they provide food to millions of hungry children?” Sadly, the intelligence of we Indians have been reduced to such petty thinking. We do not go beyond Roti, Kapda and Makaan. I don’t know whether we modern day Indians eat to live or live to eat. Anyway, as I understand, the above discovery will reveal the secrets of the universe. Some say, that scientists have found out the code behind the forming of the universe as we see now very much like the DNA in every human being. The scientists cannot go beyond such discoveries. While they can discover the DNA in every human, they cannot explain the existence of a soul which may be a mass.

The answer to God lies very much in our Vedas and ancient texts, many of which has been lost thereby robbing the richness of our progressive but ancient civilization. While the much ignorant scientists are elated about the ‘Eureka’ moment, after the discovery of the much touted Higgs Boson, Higgs is celebrated while Indian scientist Satyendranath Bose behind the name Boson is conveniently forgotten. The West will never recognize our scientists because it is scared of us. We don’t care because post independence, India’s students have become more of rote-learners rather than acquirers of knowledge. They don’t ask questions but study whatever is already being said by heart, acquire handsome percentages in examinations and hunt for lucrative jobs. The rest of the population are more concerned with the bread and butter issues.

The success behind the “God particle” lay the fact that the scientists have been on the right track with their theories. Everything is made up of atoms. Inside atoms are electrons, protons and neutrons. They in turn are made of other subatomic particles. Without mass, particles would not hold together and there would be no matter.

The Rig Veda questions the origin of the cosmos in: “Neither being (sat) or non-being was as yet. None can know from where creation has arisen, and whether he has or has not produced it. The puranic view asserts that the universe is created, destroyed and re-created in an eternally repetitive series of cycles. What else can symbolize the wisdom of our rich ancient culture than the beautiful statue of Nataraja, the God of destruction adorning the residential block at CERN compound where the modern day experiment was conducted! Analogies to describe multiple universes exist in the Puranic literature.
    Supposedly, a quote about Bhagavad-Gita by Einstein is very famous.
    “When I read the Bhagavad-Gita and reflect about how God created this universe everything else seems so superfluous.”

Many ignorant men and women mock at our religion and its 33 crore Gods. Our Hindu concept of 33 crore Gods itself comes close to the theory of relativity.
    My son calls me ‘Father’. My wife calls me ‘Husband’. My father calls me ‘Son’. My sisters and brothers call me ‘Brother’. I am a ‘Grand Child’ for some and time makes me a ‘Grand father’ for some. I am an ‘in law’ for few others. I prove to be a ‘friend’ for many. Aren’t all these Nouns, as my name itself? Yet my name is there. But I am recognized more by the Nouns of relations among my kindred, rather than my name. This is universal. So, if my mother calls me by name, she doesn’t realize me as a father of a son or husband of a wife; she immediately envisions me as her son. And it is these names that alter my behaviors with respect to the name variance. I find that my responsibility towards each of these relations is different. For example, the relation that I enjoy with my wife is quite different from all other relations. This means, the same person – myself, is having different names, different authorities, different responsibilities and different recognized power. I owe them all and render them all.

Is GOD only a father? If someone says ‘yes’, then I have something to ask him. Is GOD having only limited power to be a father only? I believe ‘NO’. GOD is omnipresent and omni-powered. We call him GOD because we expect anything and everything from him. He can take any role and responsibility which we cannot render or whenever we require it. At least, when we are failing in life towards any of our roles, we pray GOD to fulfill that. Hence, GOD just cannot be a father. If I am unable to serve my father for some purpose which is important enough to bring tears in my eyes, I can rely on GOD to play the role for me and fill the gap. Hence, virtually GOD is a son then – son of my father realized through me. GOD can be my friend. GOD can be any of the relation I chose him to be for the reason of prayers and for the reason of fulfilling my actions. In fact, GOD can hold any relation, any position and any situation for me as long as there is the undoubted faith and deep routed love for him. More sincerely, Love is one relation that is true for GOD as well for us; it is a relation that enriches our heart and mind with complete faith and it is this Love which is required to be realized in our life for humans as well.

Hindus have mastered the natural science; they have realized GOD to the extent that they have listed down 33 crore different forms of natural power that is holding this Universe true.
    Astrology as a science was perfected by our ancient civilization which is coined as “Hindu religion” by the invaders as they discovered it after crossing the Indus and began destroying it as they felt threatened by it.
    The concept of shunya (emptiness, void, zero) signifies a transcendental principle that eludes the conceptual nexus applied to a human thinking as described in the Upanishads. The role of Yoga is, and has always been, to help our higher mind glimpse more and more of the soul’s certainty.

The scientists today are elated at having found “God particle”. Our forefathers had already found God but we lost it over the period of time. The answer to life and the universe already exists in our rich civilization, but somewhere due to destruction of the ancient texts, ignorance and a sort of untouchability that rendered the masses illiterate while the wisdom was passed to a privileged few who carried on the tradition but got lost as generations passed by.

Written by Suresh M Iyer - with due credit to texts on the rich Hindu civilization from various sources.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Suresh,

Thank you for the wonderful blog. There is no question Advaita Phiolosophy has more substance than what science had invented to date. Every one accepts the theory of primordial sound is "Aum" and every sub-atomic particle the scientists are inventing have the same qualities that the Hindu philosophy indicated that the human beings needs to transcend to become one with the Lord. I honestly believe that the sub atomic particles are nothing but Satwic, Rajasic and and Tamosic qualities and if those sub atomic particles never exist, the city of trillion cells (human body) will cease to exist.

3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Well written Suresh. Your explanation about the 33 crore manifestations is very good.
    I however disagree with " “What is the fuss all about? Instead of spending millions on such a research that benefits none, can’t they provide food to millions of hungry children?” Sadly, the intelligence of we Indians have been reduced to such petty thinking. We do not go beyond Roti, Kapda and Makaan. I don’t know whether we modern day Indians eat to live or live to eat."
    Science can serve humanity better, after addressing their basic needs.
    If you are pointing that the current day indians lack many skills that the older ones had, I agree. But that doesn't mean that there is absolutely nobody who thinks of that now. There is still a very significant percentage of Indians even in such research fields Sir. Thats why I smile whenever any hollywood films in Science fiction genre like Independence Day / Armageddon or so, show that people in India / asean countries only pray, while americans 'solve' the problem. Accepted that we still are several rungs below them in many fields, but cannot digest it when they try to show that they are "more than equal" showing their "one -up" attitude everytime. Sorry for the different line of discussion. -rgs

4. sureshmiyer

Thanks for carrying forward the discussion

cheers
    suresh

5. sureshmiyer

There is no final word on this topic. So no need to be sorry or anything. Thanks for carrying forward the discussion. I agree with you

cheers
    Suresh

6. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

well written about the 33crores of God and your explanation with human relations was interesting to read.

7. sureshmiyer

Well, i actually read about it in an article about Hindu Gods, found it interesting and wanted to share with you all

cheers
    Suresh