1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Goal discovered on the way!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Happy New Year friends!:thumbsup

New year brings with it, resolutions to be followed (read, in theory) which makes us feel a little bit better than the last year, isn't it!

I am also in that list of people, who has lot of resolutions in their pocket, only to be known later on that, that pocket had a hole in it. hehe (what an excuse)

In 2010, I had this exercise log (don't think that I am having a vigourous exercise regimen) only to show myself, that I am doing something,which is better than nothing..:wink:

While going through that log, in Dec. of that year, I found I didn't even do 3 months of exercise, which made me feel a little bit low..but satisfied myself, saying that, this is the start.

In 2011, I had the log, which I didn't even count till Oct. But after counting at the end of that month, I found, that I did 160 days (of American exercise (skipping, walking on the treadmill, little bit of aerobics..which goes to only 10 min a day..) and the Indian exercise of yoga ( Suryanamaskar) that too for only 10 mins.) on alternate days, which means it is more than 3 months and 20 days short of 6 months.

I discovered my goal in here..if I can come this far, I hope I can reach it by Dec...which incidentally I did reach that goal of 180 days/6 months on Dec.31st. (in between I couldn't continue to do it because of some minor problems in my wrist)

I also came to a conclusion,at least, in my sake, that goals can also be discovered on the way and need not pre-set it, in advance.

Sriniketan

4 people like this.

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri ma'am....
    Best regards.
    Happy New Year!!!
    Your post reminded me of the slogan we had during my first year of work.It is....
    "Anything that is measurable is manageable"
    Thanks for re-inforcing this point with your exercise records as testimony.....
    I am motivated.....
    All the best to you too to achieve your goal....!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Srini
    Congrats yaar you achieved your goal last year ehh......
    Ok will wait for next year what is your goal for this year....hehehe
    I don't even go to think that I want to complete something for this year, becoz I know I will never do it.
    All the very best to achieve your task of this year...:)
    Happy New year to you and your family. Let the Lord shower his blessings to fulfil all your goals this year.:):thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sri,

Happy New Year. Thanks so much for giving us a new idea about how to make a semi-resolution and how to go about fixing the end point of that resolution along the way. :rotfl

1 person likes this.
  5. Young@heart

Young@heart Silver IL'ite

Respected Ma'm,

Your post made me smile and gave me an idea...I too have decided to do 250 days of half an hour walking out of total 366 days this year:)

Thankyou so much for this wonderful idea...I hope to reach my goal. Wishing you and all a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Regards.

2 people like this.
  6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

so now what did I learn from your post sreeni. First to make resolutions, then maintain a log book or diary and lastly PEEP into it everyday and not wait till October.hahaha

have a great year ahead , sreeni and resolve to provide us with more laughs. now that will be easy for you to keep up.:).

1 person likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Good one srini!
    Instead of starting off with a far away target, get started and do the next time better than the last - nice way keeping up and going beyond! Thanks for sharing it here. And though that's what I do with running, never looked at it that way - so another thank you for showing that to me!

8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi
    That was a nice way to approach resolutions!
    I started exercising too on January 1, 2011 and then on and off, but made sure I exercised on December 31, 2011 so that I can tell myself I did it from beginning till end! Howzzzat? :)

1 person likes this.
  9. Sriniketan

Thank you for the wishes Knbg..your signature says it all..:thumbsup: Let us achieve our goals in the (near) future :)

sriniketan

10. Sriniketan

Haha..Aruna, even though my completion of 180 days had been achieved..the purpose for that exercise log..to reduce the weight..has not been met..:-(

No goals for this year..I might discover it on the way..haha!

Thank you for the wishes! :)

sriniketan