Gmail - pasting a Pdf or Word document ...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Saisakthi, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sisters,

Have a great day!!!

Please guide me how to paste a one page pdf while composing a new mail (in gmail) where my clients need to check or uncheck boxes next to it (like a questionnaire filling)

I have an idea of attaching but many skip replying, because they don't have the time to fill, save and reply by attaching.

kindly find time to reply ... any software / IT Professionals hope can help me, Thanks in advance.:bonk

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sakthi,

I don't think so you can post the contents of a PDF document in any email and make it an actionable item (click and choose, click and tick, etc.). It might not be supported by any normal email templates.

The PDF document allows it because that feature is built-in PDF when you make it a re-writable document using PDF.

The only option is to attach it as a file in the email and ask the recipients to download, fill and re-attach it. That too I am doubtful if all recipients will be able to fill-out the PDF doc online unless they have Adobe Acrobat full-version. With Adobe reader, they can only view the PDF and print. Fill out by hand and scan and attach it to email.

3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

@Indus lady, Thanks for your prompt reply, any other method other than attaching probably a table or excel any help, Thanks