Glycomet And Weight Loss

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by planetx, Jun 20, 2017.

1. planetx

planetx Junior IL'ite

Thanks everyone for the kind and encouraging words. I gained some hope after reading your posts. I'm turning 34 in a month feeling quite stressed. For back pain I took IFT treatment (physiotherapy), consulted Ortho, Neuro and Ayurvedic doctor as well. But still no relief have been suffering for more than 9 months. I took MRI recently, there was no problem with MRI/XRAY as per doctors. It is obviously muscle related. I'm taking varma treatment now. Hoping there will be some result.

2. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

Hope you recover soon! Stay calm and relaxed. Dont worry that you are aging and well as they say age is just a number. Everyones life cannot be the same. So things are working little late in your life. Stay happy and accept it:)Everything will be ok soon...

3. planetx

planetx Junior IL'ite

Thank you Archanaanchan. I consulted my gynecologist yesterday. She asked me to come after periods. After seeing hba1c result (5.9) she said nothing to worry. She said I don't have to wait for 6 months to conceive. I asked her whether I should reduce TSH level to 2.5 before getting pregnant as I have hypothyroidism. She said it is not necessary. She asked me to take folic acid and Gestin tablet from 15th day of the period for 3 cycles. Anybody know what for Gestin is prescribed? Is it given to fix irregular periods? I took birth control pills for 2 months and gained weight after stopping it. Hope Gestin doesn't have similar side effects.

4. mbharani

mbharani Gold IL'ite

@planetx

This is not from my experience...some who had taken the tab had told me long back..

this is a progesterone type of hormone I think ...

The reason it is given is because you have to have enough of it, in order to support a healthy pregnancy and carry your baby to full term. If a woman is lacking in it, it can affect her pregnancy and may cause miscarry.

Hope this helps you..:)

5. planetx

planetx Junior IL'ite

@mbharani

Thank you for enlightening. I'm in dilemma because endo is advising to loose at least 8 kg. I wish to loose some weight before TTC. Should I start taking Gestin right away? Can I take it after two months. (If we plan to have baby after two months. I'm hoping my back pain will also get better)

6. mbharani

mbharani Gold IL'ite

@planetx

It's always better to loose weight before ttc.....but do as per your doc they know better..

I had heard about that tab from someone long ago so posted it... otherwise I have no much info about it..

Best is follow ur docs advise..

Good luck...baby dust to you..:)