1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Glamorizing love and marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by justlife, Jan 29, 2012.

1. malarun

malarun Gold IL'ite

Hi justlife,

Thanks for your wishes.
    Oh!! I do agree with Flowerlady a lot people are like that, even my husband wants me to perform all the fast and everything(he thought that is the wat I can show how important he is in my life) and once when I did that I landed in the hospital... he he he... so he thought it is better to let me not fast rather than sitting in the hospital with me...

Also I just have one thing to say to you.. God gives difficulties to everyone and also makes sure that he gives them the will power and strength to sustain in that situation. We just need to realise this.
    I am happy that you found the will power and strength to stay the way your life has turned.

All the best dear!! One day your husband will surely realise your value in life, please think it is better to be late than never.

Regards
    Malar

2. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

Yes, love and marriage is not what we see in Ekta Kapoor's serials. But dont relationships make the essence of our life? Humans are social beings, and our life has more meaning because of our relationships - family, friends and so on. Yes, a smile on my BF's face is not the ONLY happiness in my life. But he was having a dull day today, and to bring a smile on to his face, meant so much to me. Not only him, the 'contended' smile on my mom's face, or my dad's smile gloating with pride for his daughter, means so much to me. Yes, I do have a life on my own. But my life has been very much defined by my partner and my parents. If not for them, my life becomes so meaningless. Yes, the world will not stop running, without THAT one person. But sure loses its magic, without that ONE person. Might sound filmy, but thats the simple truth of my life.

3. justlife

justlife Silver IL'ite

A question for you SSC, what if tomorrow your parents are not happy with your BF and want you to marry somewhere else, and no matter what they will not listen to you, how will you keep all the smiles? Which ones will you value more?
    Yes your BF is having a dull day and you want to cheer him up, but to what extent will you go to do that? And if he is not happy will you also become dull?? When you are having a dull day, do you expect him to cheer you up? What if both of you have a crappy day, then who is to cheer whom?

4. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

Well, mine!! Only if I smile, everyone around me can. So I will value my smile more, and wait for everyone else to get on track, and see me happy!

Well, been through all these situations. My bad day, he takes crap from me, his bad day, I take crap from him. Well both of our days are bad - I still give him crap, because he is more patient than me, and is a bigger optimist and cheers me up at the end of the talk. So thats how things work between the both of us!

5. justlife

justlife Silver IL'ite

So eventually, it is not the relationships that value more, it is yourself! That is exactly the essence of my post. That yes all relationships are there, but why place them on such high pedestal that you are miserable living with them. Yes smiles are important on other people's face, but not at the cost of your own. Hence if sometimes your spouse is not capable on being happy or making you happy, then why mop about that, maybe it is time to take charge and be happy yourself. Why do we have to make our smile dependent on other people's smiles??

6. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

Justlife,
    If your take on love and relationships is about you being happy in them, yes thats right! at the same time, do relationships matter a lot in one's life, then my answer is, hell yes, it matters, and so do their smiles! My smile is not dependent on my partner's smile. But my partner's smile, gives me a sense of contentment, which makes my day complete. There are certain battles I fight, to keep myself happy, and there are certain that I choose to let go for my partner's happiness. At the end of the day, if my happiness is the ONLY thing that matters, then I would choose to live sans relationships. I cannot have everything/everybody in my life, and expect them to be happy with whatever I'm happy with.

7. Nalini32

Nalini32 Bronze IL'ite

Interesting opinion of love and marriage.