1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Give a suitable 'Title' - CONTEST!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by Induslady, Feb 16, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

I am relieved Now, Chitra!

Dear Chitra,
    Getting words of approval and appreciation from you for a story like this means quite a lot to me. In fact after I sent the story I had a half-mind to recall because I was not sure how this will be viewed by the members.
    But now seeing that the most sought after member who has seen many a summer has given her seal of approval I am relieved and happy.
    Thanks for the nice words. I want you to take part in the contest. All the best.
    love and regards,
    sridhar

2. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Nice of you to drop me a mail, otherwise I would have taken

long to see this unconventional story of yours; Let me be frank,

I had half a mind to flip the page in the beginning, but the

writer in me wanted to get to the bottom. Though the

begining looks a bits obscene, the ending brings tears.

What a life! How about the title 'CHIMERA'?

Lastly, may I know the inspiration for this particular story?

Nuggehalli Pankaja

3. varalotti

Thanks, Pankaja!

Dear Pankaja,
    I am grateful that you didn't abandon the story halfway. There was no way I could get the facts across except being very frank. The original Tamil version I wrote and rewrote several times to ensure that there is nothing offensive to the sensibilities of a woman. I made my wife read the story several times before I sent it to the magazine.
    I am happy that you liked the end. We place a premium on external appearances; men and women both attach a greater importance to breasts than the heart which is the crux of the story.
    Inspiration : just by seeing some busty heroines I got a wild idea, what if everything were to be false. How would a woman take it. That was the genesis.
    Please send your entry for titles by a private message to induslady.
    thanks once again,
    sridhar

4. SVS

SVS New IL'ite

Very Nice.

Dear Sridhar Sir,

I saw your picture just now and all the comments in the thread. I have no extra words to say more. I have to say, "ditto" only. your replies were very light and funny...

Regarding the story: As I was reading I definitely felt "what would be running in your mind"...like a kind of tensed feeling on how people, especially women take?..But the end has the answer...very touching...

You and many others really motivate me to write something in IL. I hope I can improve my writing like this...thanks to you..

I have been straining my brain to find a suitable title for this..lets see...

5. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

intriguing and an interesting story

Dear Sridhar
    Congratulations...a fine story..

Breast-fixation starts very early in any individual’s life. When a baby is born, he/she is connected so closely to the breast and its typical smell, the memory lingers on in subconscious mind. For a man it later manifests in strong liking for breasts and for females it may cause pride that she is endowed with breasts and a natural maternal instinct.

When a mother feeds her baby, at the end of nursing one frequently observes a quivering of the lips in the infant. These quiverings spread to the face, finally ending in trembling and soft convulsive movements of the head and throat, sometimes of the whole body. The eyes turn up under the upper lids and the baby gives himself over completely to this pleasurable surrender- its called ‘oral orgasm in infants’.There is no sexual connotation at all to this, its just a very pleasurable bonding act between the mother and her baby.

Sridhar, you have taken up a great topic, a typically male-topic, but handled it in a very fine manner. Though the story build-up and narration is fine, the constant thought in the readers’ mind that the heroine’s breasts may be artificial or silicone-injected spoils the suspense a bit. But the way you have gone into the troubled mind of the wife is remarkable..
    The question is how would Malathi have reacted if at all ,the fantastic pair was real…???
    A very psychologically intriguing story…
    It takes a man who has a pure and serious mind to take up such themes…I truly appreciate the way you wrote the story Sridhar..

Will try to give a title…will ‘try’….
    ambika

Last edited: Feb 18, 2006
  6. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Sorry for butting in between You & Sridhar !

Dear Ambika,
    My best wishes to you on an article, very well written !
    Your answer to Sridhar's story does reveal the answer to an eternal mystery in the most logical fashion ! What you have written, hits the nail on the head & I think, now I will view a man's " breast fixation" in a deeper understanding way ! I never imagined there is so much of an explanation which sounds very reasonable & acceptable.
    Sub consciously, perhaps this is how a man sees a mother in every woman ? Does'nt it sound very natural as well ? I enjoyed your explanation as much as I enjoyed Sridhar's story !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

7. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

thank you Mrs. Chitra

So kind of you Mrs.Chitra…Let me quickly say that you have NOT come between me and Sridhar..on the contrary, you have brought in a link between his story and my explanation. Sridhar who usually responds with gusto and speed is silent for some reason...nonetheless I reiterate it was kind of you to have responded in this fine manner. Infact I was about to delete some portions of my response when your sweet words of appreciation came in…

Though this theory explains a normal phenomenon of breast-fixation in men, nothing can condone when a husband has ‘obsession’, and is constantly ogling or praising other women’s ‘assets’, and no woman can tolerate that behaviour...

Thanks and regards

ambika

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dejavu

Dear Varalotti,
    Just as I was a little in to the story, I guessed the end. Now I know why, I would have read the Tamil version earlier. Story was good and Ambika's comments were superb.And Prathi, do not worry, your mom will be alright. I know of two women who are in their late 70's-survivors of breast cancer. They lead a normal, independent life with their husbands alone in Chennai. So be brave and support her. We are there for you.
    varloo

9. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Varloo

Hi Varloo,

Thanks for ur kind words. My mom has finished all her therapies and surgeries now and the doctors are saying she will get better. She is very brave and can do her routines and can cook also to an extent. Still, sometimes the sufferings she is going through hurts me a lot.

Thanks for all your support.

10. varalotti

Only You Can Do That, Ambika!

Dear Ambika,
    I had been to Hyderabad and was off the net for the past 4 days that was the reason I could not respond to your beautiful reply with my usual "speed and gusto."
    I have read and heard it told about this breast-fixation a hundred times. But every time it was either a medical person or a person with a scientist's mind who would dole out the facts as if breasts were nothing but parts of a machinery, with such a kind of scientific drabness, that I started feeling uncomfortable whenever I hear that explanation. Again the scientific thing tries only to explain away this breast fixation in men which hurts many wives much more than open cruelty.
    But when you put down the same set of facts in your words, for example, using poetical combinations as quivering lips, when I realised that the words come from a friend, a woman, a poetess and above all, a mother, the same fact which used to trouble me appear very sweet.
    On the raw cake I presented to the IL forum your words have been the icing making the thread more enjoyable and less offensive.
    And at the end you have raised a very pertinent question. What if Devi's breasts were real? I'll go a step further. What if Devi was not a nice person but a rude and an arrogant person - let's say Devi before her breast cancer? What would Malathi do?
    I am not that naive to think that I can provide a straight answer to that question. But I have already started thinking about writing another story with those twists. And I owe a royalty to you for planting the seed-idea in me.
    And while on this, may I be permitted to borrow your words on breast-fixation in my story?
    A very good response, Ambika.
    regards,
    sridhar