1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

girl power

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidyacvn, Dec 24, 2011.

1. vidyacvn

vidyacvn Silver IL'ite

this is an amazing display of girl power. the other day, i was standing at a railway station, waiting for an auto to go home. we were about 5 or 6 people and one auto approached us. a young girl of about 20 engaged the auto and was about to get in. there was a lady with a huge basket(a lady who sells fish) who just came and pushed the young girl rudely and just got into the auto and demanded to be taken wherever she wanted to go. the young girl tried shouting at her in vain. to my amazement, she then went and stood in front of the auto, refusing to let the auto move even an inch. she told the driver that she was the one who had spoken to him first and that the fishmonger had to be asked to get down. the same situation persisted for sometime and then, the fishmonger finally got down. the young girl got in to the auto and sped away. kudos to the brave girl. she put her foot down inspite of being aware that she was fighting against an arrogant lady(may be even a group).

4 people like this.

2. esbanu

esbanu Gold IL'ite

Wow.. hats off to her... she is a great brave girl...

ponnunga na ipdi than irukanum.. antha fishmonger ta fight pannama direct a auto driver ta pesunathu correct....:thumbsup

3. vidyacvn

vidyacvn Silver IL'ite

yeah . i was really taken up by the way she handled it.

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya
    Whenever I see such an incident, I develop a great inferiority complex because I am not cut out for such heroics.If I had been in that girl's position, I would have timidly walked away explaining to my friends that I was allergic to fish smell and that's why I walked away! Such incidents remind me of Lord's assurance of 'Sambavamey yuge yuge' to protect the innocent.

This girl looks like another Anna Hazare in the making. Hats off to her!
    Sri

2 people like this.
  5. Special

Special Silver IL'ite

Hats off to that girl !!

6. vidyacvn

vidyacvn Silver IL'ite

What u are saying is really true. I too feel thesame about myself. But the girls of these days are very brave. i see such incidents when i travel by train also at times. really hats off to such display of women power.

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Yes it feels good to hear of such incidents, vidya.:) kudos to that girls power Indeed!!!