gift idea for your parents 60th birthday

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by msquare, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Prb

Prb New IL'ite

Hi All:

I think my idea is way too different - I'm planning to gift my parents an overseas holiday package for a second honeymoon :).

My reasoning is this- they will get a lot of clothes from the function. With the rising gold costs, I dont think jewellery makes any sense.

My parents are conservative about spending money on an overseas holiday- so I thought this would be a good gift and would remain in their minds for a long time to come. In my case, cost is not a constraint considering I have an ongoing income.

What do you guys think?

Prb

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  2. jyothi9

jyothi9 New IL'ite

This is such a touching post , felt good reading all the responses . I adore all those sensitive women who still care so much for their people .
    Infact this post reminded me of my Dad's 60th b'day which is a couple of months away , Wondering what to send from US A?
    Dear members can you suggest items which can be mailed from US ?
    and how much do the mailing charges cost ?

3. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi jyothi,

You can send just one blank check by postBig Laughwithout much mailing charges.:thumbsupwhat do you say?

sorry sorry just kidding, better you can ask them and do yar. So that you can come to know about their wish. all the best.

4. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I gave my mother, a silk saree from Nalli and a 8yards dhoti and a shirt to my father. Also, I gave them a braclet too . They were really happy and in turn we feel the satisfaction.

5. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

msquare, for my in-laws', my parents' and for our b'days too, we send money to an orphanage in Chennai, where around 200 kids would be served lunch, dinner or both. The prayer of the little ones, satisfied with good food will always bless us with everlasting happiness... :)

6. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Hey,

Great deed indeed.. :iagree We used to do on our birthdays'/wedding day and during Deepavali time. We used to donate money to such homes/orphanage with clothes and sweets. It is very satifying, isn't it ?

7. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

my preference, I will take a VOW that till their life time I will provide enough cloth, a decent and healthy food, good health, take them to doctors if needed, provide the news papers and books they need, ask your babies to listen to their grand pa, and grand mas advices, encourage the, sit with them for an hour so that their loneliness is forgotten. Help them visit their friends and relatives home during ceremonies, Permit them to do their daily pooja, and others in time.
    I think this is what they need.
    One time settlement is not good.

8. konkana

konkana New IL'ite

I feel clothes are the best!!!!!

9. beckysmith18a

beckysmith18a New IL'ite

Giving perfect 60th birthday gifts to the elder ones may include materialistic aswell as sentimental items.As far as materialistic items are concerned, the old individuals during their young age live all luxuries and hence they are not really fond of those items when they get old. Thus, more than materials, you should try to select the 60th birthday gifts that are emotional in approach and personal in appeal. The old individuals donot crave for anything but love. This love and care can be conveyed to them only by presenting the sentimental gifts on their birthdays.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  10. tara06

tara06 Silver IL'ite

very nice and touching!!!!!!!!!