1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost Story: You Killed Me

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Tamrakshar, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

Chapter 22
    Will the ghost attack me?
    For the first time, a different sound came from the creature; a sound which appeared like coming out of extreme anger, and which had some similarity with human voice. The creature quickly turned towards Champa, and flapped its dreaded wings, which were long enough to hit her.

The power possessed by the evil creature was so enormous that Champa flew in air like a piece of paper, and hit the wall. Her head hit the wall hard, she uttered a loud cry of agony, and became senseless. In the very dim light that was coming from the emergency lamp, I could not gauge it properly, but I thought I saw some blood gushing from Champa's head.

The creature again made a hellish screech, and turned towards Tara.

"You will die now!" A loud, distorted, husky sound came from the creature. The creature sounded a dire warning, for the first time, in a voice, which I could not term as human, though, that we could understand.

"Don't kill me. What did I do to you?" Frightened Tara pleaded with folded hands.

"Ha ha ha ha", the ugly creature laughed in its nightmarish voice. The laughter apperaed more like a sound coming from starting of a heavy duty truck. We looked at each other in utter dismay.

"There can be no woman in his life, and you made love to him."

"But, why should not any woman come in his life? What did he do?" Tara was frightened to the core, but didn't lose her mind.

"He cheated me, he took my life in a way. I will not let any woman come into his life."

I was utterly shocked to hear such blatant lies against me. "Will it be right to quarrel with a ghost?" I was in a bit of dilemma. But, before I could say anything, Tara asked, "But, why me? I didn't do anything to you?"

"Enough! Will I argue with you? Prepare for death." The ghost seemed to be in no mood to waste time. After sounding the dire warning, it walked the talk, and jumped on Tara.

I had never been a believer in my life, but the situation had made me one. For the last few minutes, I had been praying for Dhuni Baba to arrive and rescue us from the nemesis. But, the God didn't seemed to have listened to me, and I could foresee that Tara was going to die. She wouldn't be able to survive the vicious attack from this enormously powerful entity even for a minute.

At this juncture, suddenly, an idea flashed in my mind. Before the creature could land on Tara, I jumped on her. The momentum of my jump took both Tara and me on the floor, and I quickly lied on Tara covering her body.

My eyes were turned away from the ghost, but I was apprehending that my back would be torn into pieces any moment. One, two, three, I counted. But, nothing happened. I waited, and waited, but no, nothing happened.

I looked up to see the ghost itself was in a great dilemma. It appeared to me as if two entities were fighting within the ghost. The ghost was ready to pounce on me, but something was holding it back.

"Get out of my way, otherwise you will be killed." Which entity within the ghost won was difficult to understand, but the ghost in its horrific voice sounded an ultimatum to me.

"Kill me. I don't want to live this life. I love Tara more than my life. Please take my life, before you take her." I said this without any hesitation.

"Ohhhhhh! If that's your decision, be ready for death." The ghost seemed to be extremely angry at my disobedience!

"One, two, three ...", again, I started the countdown of my death.

To be continued

2. anayasree

anayasree Silver IL'ite

You know exactly when to stop a story. Cant wait for tomorrow... :)

Tamrakshar likes this.
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@Tamrakshar
    seems ghost loves hero but I'm not getting the clue of who could be the ghost. This story is horror+Thriller.:thumbup:

Tamrakshar likes this.
  4. blissfull

blissfull Silver IL'ite

@Tamrakshar
    Awesome Narration, When we are reading the story we are imagining the characters the way you narrated.
    Great:worship2::worship2:

Tamrakshar likes this.
  5. Tamrakshar

Anayasree, thanks for being the first to comment. I am extremely glad that you are finding the story interesting.

6. Tamrakshar

Yes Mistt, you are right. The mystery will be solved very soon.

Mistt likes this.
  7. Tamrakshar

You made my day Blissful! Thanks for your generous comment.

blissfull likes this.
  8. Daddysgirl

Daddysgirl Senior IL'ite

Hi
    I love horror movies,stories. Your story also superb one. Very eagerly waiting for next episode. U maintained suspense in every episode.

Tamrakshar likes this.
  9. Tamrakshar

Daddysgirl, welcome! It makes me very happy to know that you are enjoying the story. Stay tuned for the next part, which I am in a process of finalising.

10. Tamrakshar

Chapter 23
    Dhuni Baba's charisma
    Like the last time, nothing happened, and I again looked back. Again, it appeared to me that there was a fight within the creature. Someone was going to attack me, but someone was preventing that. There was an intense inner fight, and the attacking spirit seemed to have won, and the entity jumped on me. But, before it landed on me, I heard a devine voice chanting an obscure Sanskrit mantra, which seemed to have held the creature back. To my great astonishment, Dhuni baba had entered the scene with two other people, one of whom was a 30-something young guy who had to be Dhuni Baba's grandson and the other was a 60-something beared, weird-looking guy.

I could not estimate Dhuni Baba's age, as he looked to me more than 100 years of age. The body of Dhuni Baba had no mass more than a skeleton had, his skin was so wrinkled and so shrunken that it appeared to me that a mild touch to it would make it break into hundreds of pieces. He was short in stature, and he had a trident in one hand, and a kamandal in the other hand. But the most significant part of his body was his eyes: they were very sharp and penetrating.

The powerful ghost, which could make a 60 kg body fly in air like a piece of paper with a flap of its wing, seemed to have been tied to something invisible, as it could not attack me despite all its efforts accompanied by loud screeches. Dhuni baba then took some holy water from the kamandal, chanted some obscure mantra, and threw it on the creature saying, "Go back!"

What was in the water, or how powerful was the mantra I didn't know, but the ghost seemed to have suffered a lot, as it made a hellish cry of anguish, and left the house in a huff.

The first thing the newcomer trio did was to take care of the three senseless people. I didn't notice initially that Dhuni baba carried a rugged jute bag on his shoulder, from which he took out some herbal medicines, and applied it on the three hapless people. Mona was the first to gain her consciousness back, followed by Bahadur, and Champa. Champa's injury seemed to have been the worst, and Dhuni baba and the other trio had to apply a lot of attention to her. Within half an hour, all of them recuperated, and we again sat together with hot tea.

Tara was slightly injured due the fall, but it was nothing compared to her mother's injury. Tara told the incidents in detail to Dhuni Baba, who, along with the other old man, seemed to have listened it very carefully.

Dhuni Baba seemed to be a very good listener, but he hardly talked in between. All he said was, "Hmm!" Dhuni Baba's grandson was not listening at all, as he was still taking care of both Bahadur and Champa. The weird-looking beared guy looked queer to me, as he was looking at me angrily, and nodding his head from side to side in disgust occasionally. I wondered why Dhuni Baba brought this guy with them!

Like a seasoned journalist, Tara narrated the story quickly without leaving out any important information. When Tara was done, the beared-guy looked at Dhuni Baba, and asked in Hindi, " Do you get it?"

Dhuni baba answered, "Yes, I think I do, but I need to know more."

He then turned towards me and said, "Young man, you seemed to have lost the memory of a very significant part of your life. Do you mind if I touch you?"

"Of course, not! Please do the needful Baba! I said in a grateful tone, as I had seen the charisma of Baba.

"Then sit quietly, and don't move", saying this Baba shut his eye, and put his right thumb on my forehead. His finger touched the portion of the forehead where pineal gland is situated. When he touched my forehead, it felt like an electric shock to me, and I shuddered. It appeared to me that my body was an electric circuit, and it was connected to a power supply. Initially, I tried to move back, but Dhuni Baba held my right hand firmly with his left hand. Within seconds, my initial resistance gave in, and I didn't resist any more.

Within a minute, I began to see the lost portion of my memory, which was of only three months duration, like a fast forwarded movie.

To be continued

Bhoonzee, sumalynux, mbharani and 7 others like this.