1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Getting Independant after being a partial housewife....financially, HOW?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by heron, May 30, 2013.

1. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Not new here and I trust this site. I woke up with my occasional nightmare and started this thread.

I am married for almost 7 yrs. I did my Electronics bachelors when I got married and for 6 months then I did lecturing; then housewife for 2.5 yrs(got my first baby) then did my Masters/Research job for 2.5 yrs(full bursary with a very little pay); then did a part time admin job for 1 yr(saved a small amount) now resigned (pregnant again).

Well my husband earns decent and technically speaking we did sincerely save and made some decent property in India. Comming to my night mare, the fact is If I die, there wont be much financial change in my husband's/kids life; but if my husband stops earning....for me the world would turn upside down.

With my tiny savings and the fact that I doubt I will get any of the money my dedicated husband saved for me/kids, I dont want to go into it now but lets take that option out. Also take out the option that he will now on save anything on my name as he beleives everything she saves will also come to me(which is not, I know and I dont want to tell him as its his money and he has all rights to decide on it)

My big question: Please tell me how to be independant and earn some countable money(thou not big amounts) to end this nightmare of mine and see my bank account grow slowly making me feel safer. ANY IDEAS...I REALLY NEED THEM, please share if you have similar stories so that I get a motivation from you.

Thanks friends

2. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Can you start working again after the baby is born? Is there someone who can take care of your kids when you go out to work?

Some way around should be start some home based business.
    - You can start a day care for babies.
    - You can start taking tutions of school or high school children.
    - If you are good at it, start a shlokas, mantras class for small children.
    - If you are good at it, take up small projects for engineering students.

This way you will earn something while you are at home because of pregnancy or baby care. Once the child is sufficiently grown up you can again join the workforce. As you are ME/MTech, you should get a decent lecturer's job in either engineering or diploma college anytime.

And don't worry. And don't come up with such negative thoughts during pregnancy. Cheers :)

2 people like this.
  3. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

His money is also your money. You stay at home and care for kids, that's your contribution for now. Ask him to put his money in a joint account that is accessible by you. Get credit/debit card for expenses.

If u want to earn money, there are many ways to do so. For starters, if u need to be home to care for baby..you can give tuition or babysit.

But for now, just concentrate on your pregnancy. Take care.

4. JazzyJazz

JazzyJazz Silver IL'ite

Honestly even I have this question ringing in my ears every now and then but I try and brush past that thought or I'll get crazy. I am preggy too and have decided to keep all thoughts of Job and security away at least for another 2-3 years. For now it would make us feel better of we ward off such unnecessary tensions because right now there isn't much we can do, and added stress is not good for our health. But probably think of a plan once the kid has grown a little. I was in IT and have almost 5 1/2 years of work experience. Compromising for now, for a healthy, tension free start to the new addition in the family.