1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Getting Cable connection......

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by jayana, Apr 10, 2006.

1. jayana

jayana Senior IL'ite

Dear all,

I am thinking of getting cable TV connection and am not sure how to go about it.

Which do u think may be a good connection, its cost, its clarity, etc, etc......

I would like to get channels like Star plus, Zee TV along with tamil channels like Sun TV,.....

Can any body suggest as to which cable connection is good and economical.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
    Jay

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Re Cable connection

Hi Jay,

If you want to get indian programming, you need to go in for satellite connection. There are 2 companies
    1. Dish network: They offer all the ZEE programming along with Sun TV channels and KTv. Their website is www.dishnetwork.com. Check it out. I have dish network at home. I am right now paying about 65bucks a month for all the american channels plus local and pbs and also Suntv( which is 15 bucks a month). They have a lot of info on their website as well as promotional offer like free dish plus installation etc.

2. Direct TV is the other one. They offer Star Plus channels and Vijay TV( tamil).
    Look up their website at www.directtv.com . They also have promotions goign for new customers. Price wise, i think both comapnies are almost similar depending on the package you choose.

3. Look in your local Indian grocer shop to see if any of these cable company's dealers have promotions going on. You will get a good deal.

Hope this helps
    Vandhana

3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Try watchindia.tv. It shud not be more that 15-25$ for multiple channels. I had it and its fantastic.Good Luck.