1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Getti Melam - Supraja - An Apple Of My Eye

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@blissfull
    Thank you for clicking the LIKE option.
    2. Looking forward to your valuable comments.
    Regards.
    God Bless.

2. Thyagarajan

:hello:
    Part Five continued from last week ending 24 th Noy 2018
    GETTI MELAM - AN APPLE OF MY EYE
    It was around noon. Mom was asleep on the floor close to Dad who was half asleep with spectacle on in a reclined chair with the “The Hindu” on his chest.
    I managed to slip into the toilet with blank inland letter, fountain pen. Wrote a crisp letter to Anna of present developments and requested him to rescue me immediately lest he would see me dead. Some passage in the letter smudged with my falling tear-drops. I sealed it superscribing QMS. After pasting its sides, I remembered that I forgot to mention “major’s” contact number. I wrote & overwrote it till it become bold on the flaps around the folds.
    In the evening, with mom without her noticing en route temple, I dropped the inland letter to Anna in the QMS red pillar post box. I prayed to the lord Ganesha for removal of that “major” obstacle.
    On the day four of my posting the letter, Anna spoke to me around noon with concern. It was a great relief. My joy knew no bounds, when he said that he spoke to major who confirmed that he -the major -had jettisoned his plans to re-marry as he was diagnosed of malignant tumour.
    Anna promised to come the very next day.
    Later CSK SAID it was a surprise that Anna spoke to him over phone from Bombay and requested him to meet Dadar-Madras Express at central station the very next day evening near book stall - Higginbothams and identify him by His blue T shirt tucked in white trousers and a cannon camera slung over his shoulder.
    He arrived to city next day in the evening but stayed in a hotel without coming home. He had decided not to meet parents. He had spoken to CSK who had gone to receive him at the station and they planned for my future after checking into hotel Ajantha.
    Anna seemed to have collected vital information about CSK and his parents family and latter personally visited CSK’s native place and made enquiries in subtle manner using his detective agency friend and got a satisfactory report.
    Later Anna showed me the report the sum and substance of the report was:
    CSK a bachelor - the eldest of five siblings - a graduate in arts and his three brothers continuing and their only youngest sister is in school. His dad once a rich agriculturist turned into weaving fabric for textile industry in Tirupur. All of them staying in a palatial house in Adayanpatti near Salem. He is at present bedridden and half his body paralysed.
    CSK was selected through state public service commission exams and posted in Madras Government rural development department. Financially well of and nothing adverse heard about the reputation of the family. They belong to mudaliar community.
    A satisfied Anna about CSK, he casually and discreetly enquired during their stay at Ajantha hotel, about plans for his marriage and whether anybody in view among their relatives. CSK seemed to have smiled and looking into Anna’s eyes softly closed and opened the eyelids - delighted Anna by responding with a statement that he has been already in love with Supraja Me.

3. SpritualSoul

SpritualSoul Gold IL'ite

Supraja is lucky to have such a supportive Anna ..

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@Thyagarajan Sir,

Good turn of events. Brother-sister bond is genuine here, worthy of appreciation.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Wow..CSK already in love with Supraja...
    I had always missed a sibling in my life. The bond between Supraja and her brother is amazing...Wished I had a brother like Anna...Such a caring responsible brother....

Waiting for more episodes ☺️

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

:hello:@Ammu2886 @GeetaKashyap @SpiritualSoul
    Thanks to each of you and your FB evidences that the progression of the story from episode to episode sustains reader's interest which greatly encourages the writer in me.
    Regards.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

:hello:Thank you @MSNR For clicking the OPTION like evidencing you read it and perhaps wish to send a Fb.
    Regards.

8. gopalan1937

gopalan1937 Silver IL'ite

Mr Thiyagarajan sir, thanks for maintaining the tempo of story. Hope to see some surprises.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

:hello:Dear Dr Sir,
    Thank you for your jotting and hope to meet your standards.
    2. Thrilled with your FB highlighted by senior moderator in discovering winner of Nov 2018 best Feed Backer.
    Regards.

10. Thyagarajan

:hello:@VinuthaS @blissfull
    Thank you for your clicking LIKE.
    REGARDS.