Gestational Diabeties And Care

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Janakinarne, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Actually I lost my self when I had abortions before..bcoz am alone in this journey (may be my parents are with me)not much support from my in-laws or husband by blaming it's just bcoz of me I had the abortions..
    I tried alot to come out of it..
    Still that scares me if I felt anything different in my body...
    Ya I know after delivery everything will be changed now we have lot of time to spend and take rest and only concern is about the baby who is inside..later don't have much time even tension may increase if they are bit I'll als..I saw my sister's sons and daughters ...it's very difficult to raise them and understand there needs ..
    Ha doc said if gd Val are not in control it affects the baby growth that's am afraid of alot...wish my baby is doing fine..r u breastfeeding ur baby??if gd Val are not in range during breastfeeding it won't affect the baby?? should be must to maintain Val after delivery als..bcoz after delivery it's bit difficult to maintain all the diet and will be in strees Al's na..

2. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Ha ha I know it's not easy to take care of both the babies..that too this generation children they are very naughty and very hard to let them eat or sleep...
    Ya sure will try this too... thanks alot..
    Take care....

lazy likes this.
  3. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

@lazy I have a doubt on the sleeping position.. ofcource after 3 months we should sleep on left side ..but am unable to sleep on sides...only on my back am getting sleep...is it must to be on left or right all the day ...bcoz once I slept I will be on my back only through out the night mostly..will it affects the baby in anyway..how did u over come this..even am using pillows als not working on me...
    And am not having much of baby bump too...if I said am in 6th Mon to anyone they are looking at me am wrong..bcoz my tummy is as normal as it is before conception...
    Some times onl it shows bit of baby bump ...am bit confused in this too. ..
    But during my anomaly scan doc said everything is fine and when asked about the baby weight he said don't think much of it now itself. ..
    Can u help me in this...

4. lazy

lazy Silver IL'ite

Happy to know that your blood sugar is under control. Walking after food helps you a lot. Sugar levels are great :) so just he relax

Ya I am breastfeeding mom. I bf my dd for 2.2years once I got pregnant with second baby I tried to continue my bf journey. Unfortunately started feeling so tierd in my first trimester so stopped it. Now am feeding my son, hope i will feed him for next couple of years. My gd have no effect on bf. So don't worry about it. But as a ftm I face a lot of issues in bf.

For first time mom it will be bit difficult. But we can handle it. I don't have much guidance since am only daughter to my parents.

Happy to be in touch with you :)

Janakinarne likes this.
  5. lazy

lazy Silver IL'ite

Bf and gd are not related dear.. You can very well bf your baby. And if gd is under control it will not affect baby growth. Only if there is a big difference in sugar level it will have a effect, since you are following diet there won't be a problem. Just sit an relax. Its time to b relax.

And one more thing, we know high sugar is danger to baby, at the same time low sugar is equally harmful to baby. If at any cost of your sugar level is lower than 60, 70 just have any fruit juice like orange or piece of chocolate then test your sugar level again and make a call to your doctor.

After delivery I didn't follow the gd diet dear. I don't want to take risk on my milk supply. Now I am Concentrating only on bf. I didn't check my sugar level after one month pp. Yet to check that.

Janakinarne likes this.
  6. lazy

lazy Silver IL'ite

For two pregnancy I didn't follow any particular sleeping postures dear. I slept as per my comfortable. My gynaec also says the same. As per my Dr we can sleep at any posture, but only one thing while waking up from lying down position we should turn side and then only we have to stand. We should not wake up straightly since it put more pressure on our spine.

Region baby bump, bump not related to baby weight. For my first pregnancy I gained around 26kgs, baby bump was too big. My dd birth weight was 3.7kg. In my second pregnancy gained only 7kg, bump was comparatively small. With this diet and walking, me and my Dr both thought baby will be small may be around 2.5kg, but my dd Wight was 3.6kg. So its not at all related to baby bump. So just don't worry about it.

7. lazy

lazy Silver IL'ite

Once you reach 8months, try to do nipple massage. It will help you in breastfeeding.

Reg baby weight, May I know the baby weight in your anamoly scan.

8. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Ya walking helped me alot in controling the sugar levels...so am continuing even when am having leg cramps als,
    Oho that's a grt,2yrs bf means a lot to baby and her her health... during in ur first pregnancy u don't have any GD prob??onl during sec pregnancy u effected Wil GD??.
    Oho am revealed from my tension,I thought of after delivery if I have GD it may effect the baby during bf..
    Ya thought it's bit difficult to bf for some days...will be confuse how too handle that much small baby and his position during feeding..
    Meanwhile did u attend any virtual classes during ur pregnancy??
    Do u have any idea about where they are conducting??
    Am all the day staying at home and feeling bit bored and als looking for some relaxation ...
    Am in Kolathur..near to Anna nagar.....not nearby any activities to pregnant women..
    If u know plz share...

9. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Kk...thanks alot..am very much worried about the sleeping position..bcoz all r saying if we all on ur back it will effect the bld supply to baby and the oxygen flow will be reduced...even I asked my doc during my 3rd Mon itself he said can slp in anyway...am confused with it...
    Wow that's really grt...both the babies are in proper weight.. during ur first pregnancy did u followed any diet or had everything...
    Up to 5 months I gained 7kgs weight ..once I entered in to 6th Mon my weight is maintained there onl..may be it's due to diet and walking Al's ..and still 5th Mon had all fruits and juices als...now stopped everything...
    Next mon 7th doc said cervix scan...
    Even I too worried alot at first regarding baby bump,bcoz the people who conceived along with me are with big bumps and am as normal as before... thought of may be in 6th Mon my baby bump will increase..but nothing look like that...
    Even I thought if the baby is healthy and fine then no need to worry about it.and als having a advantage Al's.. after delivery no need to strain much to reduce the belly....
    Thanks for replying for everything...
    Am very much happy with ur support..

10. lazy

lazy Silver IL'ite

Only for initial days you will have leg cramping. Then it won't pain much. It will be our normal routine :)
    No dear I don't have gd in first pregnancy. And pls don't go for any pregnancy classes it won't help you much. I went during my first pregnancy and paid over 4k+. Not much helpful.

In hospital nurses will tell you about basic bf position. I will give u all the details which I know. So don't waste your money.

Oh I am n other end of chennai. In pammal.

If you have more time just try to do squats or butterfly sitting. Can you understand tamil?