1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Game Of Thrones

Discussion in 'TV' started by Rakhii, Nov 18, 2016.

1. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Enjoying every bit of this season..

rachaputi likes this.
  2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I wasn't surprised that it was Arya but I wish they hadn't rushed through it the way they did. Arya's connection to the Night's King (NK) was foreshadowed in the first book. When Arya learns sword play from Syrio Forel he tells her about the god of death and says to her, "There is only one god, and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: not today." This statement "What do we say to the god of death? Not today" is repeated a few times over the seasons leading up to Melisandre's final reminder. I knew it would be her but I didn't like how abrupt the scene was. The Night's King had been set up as the doom of humankind, the ultimate nemesis and his death was so anti-climactic. Had they included dialogue between Bran and the NK it would have added some gravitas to his death. The rivalry between the Three-eyed-raven and the NK is shown to be thousands of years old and they don't say anything to each other when they finally come face to face? Also I wish Arya had become a faceless man to kill the NK. All that training and she just high-jumped into the Godswood. Sigh! : )

Agathinai and jillcastle like this.
  3. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

I don't have any script In my mind to think how the story will go.. I got mesmerized at the episode right now, enjoying it..

4. Itsmylife143

Itsmylife143 Platinum IL'ite

Get Ready for Season 8 Ep 04, Days are moving so fast!! Almost a month finished! More Excited and Fun!! Enjoying Every min of GOT.

rachaputi likes this.
  5. Itsmylife143

GOT S08 E05 is a cool one everything is going with the fallen kingdom, Daenerys becomes a Mad Queen. This is the only Episode I felt no goosebumps.

6. jillcastle

jillcastle Gold IL'ite

I didn't like the way Cersei was killed. They made me sympathize for her when she said she wanted her baby to live. That was not how I wanted her to go down.

And Daenerys , how did she turn into this mad queen suddenly? May be if the season 8 had more episodes the writers could have had more time to show her transformation? I had high expectation for this episode, but a little disappointed. The "Arya killing the NK" was such a aha moment for me; complete opposite of what I am feeling now.

Itsmylife143 likes this.
  7. Itsmylife143

Writers failed to create moments like Arya Killing NK, there is much potential for the script. Only Dragon and Arya have a much screen presence. Daenerys became a Mad Queen. JonSnow will realize and take the Throne for sake of the Seven Kingdoms and North will rule by Sansa Stark. Avengers Endgame and GOT finals are having great expectations and where the Vilain characters got killed in secs.

8. Agathinai

Agathinai Gold IL'ite

I hated the season 8 finale. They had rushed through the entire last two episodes. Even wondering why NK was killed so abruptly in one episode. Daenerys was almost portrayed as a good character most of the seasons and overnight in the last episode she was shown like a tyrant just like her father. Audience are left dumbstruck and at loss of any words to even describe their anguish. Bran out of all people was chosen as the King. If he had all along known that he was to become the king, it seems weird he wanted Jon to know that he was a rightful heir to the throne. It seems that he just wanted to get rid of him?! But the conclusions were all so confusing and moving from one scene to another hastily. Tyrion trying to portray as if Daenerys was totally brutal compared to Cersei! Well, of course when the writers had decided to change the characteristics of Daenerys so abruptly, especially in the last episode, one had to justify their actions. Seems the writers had felt the same and to justify their actions/writings - done so many absurd things. The small council meeting at the ending was a joke!!!

Anyhow I am at a loss of even describing how I felt after seeing the finale. Worst ever episode of GOT.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    Ramyarc and Itsmylife143 like this.
  9. Ramyarc

Ramyarc Silver IL'ite

Totally agree ...
    Reminds me of the last episode of LOST.
    GOT -from season 7 itself it was pretty evident that they are trying to drag the show and make money. Portraying Daenerys as a negative character was so lame! We all saw how she went and saved cities and ended slavery.
    I was hopelessly watching till the end to see if some twist may be introduced but alas it is what it is. Such a sad ending to a glorious show.

Itsmylife143 and Agathinai like this.
  10. jackfowler

jackfowler Guest

My best tv serial show Game Of Thrones